Shinymama, Home Buyer in Lower East Side, New...

Is there a way to find out how long a coop apartment in NYC has been on the market?

Asked by Shinymama, Lower East Side, New York, NY Sun Jan 30, 2011

Answers

12
First Last’s answer
Hello, again. Yes.

With some exceptions you can also find out what the owner paid for the place, whether there is a mortgage, how much is the mortgage, whether there are building department permits pending on the place...a lot of things.

The best databases charge rather high subscription fees for this kind of in-depth information. I pay those fees so I can provide this kind of data to my buyer-clients.

I would only add that "time on market," by itself, may not be too meaningful.

Often buyers assume if it's been on the market a long time, the seller must be desperate, or the apartment must be a problem property, and a killer deal is possible. In many cases none of that is true. Apartments can sit on the market because there is tenant in place, or a college age child who is taking longer than expected to move out, or because the seller needed to find another property to buy first, or because the seller has deep pockets and is waiting for the price.......among many, many other reasons.

Again, if I can help, give me a shout.

Karla Harby, VP
Charles Rutenberg Realty NYC
kharby@crrnyc.com
There are public records that provide this information, although there may be some inaccuracies. Like most below, I recommend you consult an experienced agent who can provide that information easily and accurately.
Yes, you can look on public websites as suggested below, but they all, and Trulia is one of them, have inaccuracies. If you work with an experienced agent, they can find out all things about the property from the agent database. The agent database is the most up to date and accurate.
In addition, working with a skilled agent will streamline your search, give you the benefit of having a skilled negotiator working for you, and navigating you through your transaction.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
Yes, you can simply ask your agent...
You can go on http://www.streeteasy.com. Just enter the address. It's not always 100% accurate, but it's a good start.
Absolutely. You can either find out yourself by going to Streeteasy.com and entering the address or you can ask an Agent to do all the needful. As a buyers broker/agent serving you we are committed to represent your interests and not the Sellers, negotiate on your behalf, help you with finding financing, referring Attorneys to represent you, put together your Board package, make sure you are approved by the Board in their meet face-to-face interview and guide you all the way to the Closing.

If you should need any help in this regards, please feel free to call upon my services, I have represented buyers since 2001 and purchased 2 co-ops myself over the last 10 years.

All the Best
veena prakash
Senior V.P, Residential Sale and Leasing
vprakash@crrnyc.com
http://www.rutenbergrealtyny.com
Send me an email and I will give you some feedback tonight...
Christopher Stokes Moseley
Senior Vice President
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Rutenberg Realty
Cmoseley@rutnebergrealtyny.com
212-203-8722 mobile
Check out http://www.streeteasy.com. They usually list when the apartment was put on on the market. If I can help in any way please let me know.

John Speaks Bond New York 917-697-6035 (P) jcspeaks@hotmail.com (W) jspeaks@bondnewyork.com
If you give me the address, I will find out for you.

Tommy James
Key New York Real Estate
tommy@keynewyork.com
917-667-7713
Well brokers can get you all the information that is registered for the property. Would be more than happy to help if necessary!
You should work with a buyer's broker who will be able to give you that information as well as a lot of other useful details to help you find the right apartment that suits your needs.

As a senior broker with Halstead Property and a member of The Real Estate Board Of New York (REBNY), I work with all buildings in the city at the various available price points and with the other brokerage firms, too. I can show you all apartments listed with other agents, both here at Halstead and with other firms. Note that as a buyer there is no charge to you for my services and I can save you considerable time and money.

It would be a pleasure to be of service.

Neil Tilbury
Senior Vice President
Associate Broker
Halstead Property LLC
831 Broadway, New York, NY 10003
Tel: 212-381-6508
NTilbury@halstead.com
Which coop? I can try and find out for you. Lets communicate via email. lorei@gspny.com