Home Buying in Santa Fe>Question Details

Bernardo kin…, Home Buyer in Saint Ansgar, IA

Is there a way of searching by area first rather than by price other than coming into state and driving around those areas looking for sale signs?

Asked by Bernardo kinsky, Saint Ansgar, IA Tue Sep 24, 2013

Answers

7
Lisa Smith’s answer
Hi Mark -

Try the Santa Fe Properties website. You can search by area there. http://www.santafeproperties.com. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Lisa Smith
505-570-5770
http://www.santaferealestatenow.com
Hi Mark,
In addition to Hannah's spot-on advice that your best bet is a Realtor, it is also true that the majority of folks starting to look for properties these days prefer to do their preliminary searches on line before deciding which Realtor to establish a relationship with.

While most realty companies (as well as Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, etc.) have property search engines, I would like you to go to SantaFeRealEstate.com and see if that does the trick for you. From the home page put your cursor over the Property Search tab and select Map Search from the drop down menu.
Once the map pops up you can zoom in, select the area you want and view all listings for sale - but better yet, use the filters on the left-hand side and narrow your choices by price range, property type, size, etc. You can just surf the site without having to register - but if you do, and enter my name as your agent (don't worry, there's no obligation to use me) you can save properties, ask me specific questions about any that you're curious about, etc.

I really think this is the most robust real estate search engine in our market - and I'm not just saying that because it was developed by my company. Try it and see whether or not it delivers. I'd love to get your feedback; my email address is below.

Spence Ralston
Barker Realty
spencer@santaferealestate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
Nice, Spence! My site is fancy but doesn't offer the interactive mapping search, doh! Mark, any one of us will pick up the phone with you or answer personal e-mail - you have had a lot of questions to ask - pick someone and ask away. We're accustomed to it...
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Thank u so much Spencer we'll check it out. Hope your ladies are well to-day
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Hi, Mark, both Spence and Hannah offer sage advice. That being said, my personal website: http://www.ginnycerrella.com allows a interested seller to search by area and/or price. Or both. You can also set yourself up for an automated property finder which will email you properties that match your search criteria. Take a look and if you need any help please email me directly. Have a great day! Ginny
Ginny Cerrella, CMRS, CMIS
505/995-6493 (direct)
505/984-1003 (fax)
1-800-374-2931 (toll free)
EMAIL: Ginny@GinnyCerrella.com
WEBSITE: http://www.GinnyCerrella.com
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Mark,
Hi. Go to Lizsheffield.com.....there is a Santa Fe map that shows you the MLS area breakdown so you can search by specific area. If you want just a "neighborhood" I can draw an area around that specific area and email you all properties in that area. After that I can have the system automatically email you newly listed properties as well as any price changes in that specific area. All this an no strings attached!

What area are you most interested in investigating?

Liz Sheffield
505-660-4299
liz@lizsheffield.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
Mark, absolutely. We can easily set up searches based on areas - down to subdivisions or even shapes drawn on a map. A Realtor is kinda critical for doing this; otherwise you are taking your chances attempting to search specific areas through third-party realty Web sites. Call me, call another agent in Santa Fe, but call one of us! Seriously, it will make this process much easier. I can give you the confidence that you've seen everything on the market that you may be interested in, and also perform analyses so you will know what a fair offer price might be when you find the home of your dreams. And most of us are happy to help people in the "just looking" phase, too.

Kind regards,
Hannah Levbarg
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Trails West Realty, Ltd.
505-983-0311 (Direct)
505-780-0338 (Mobile)
broker@bestsantafeproperty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
Really what works best in most areas is to zero in on the area that you would like to live in. You first have to pick the area that appeals to you. Once you have decided on this, then I recommend walking door to door. You may have a few doors slammed in your face, but usually you will find someone who is interested in selling. If you find this person you can get the deal done and not have to involve a realtor. Both sides save money. You look like a star. Don't carry large purses or briefcases with you as it turns a lot of homeowners off. They think you are coming to convert them to some weird religion. Just be nice and compliment them on the house. Ask if you can come in for just a few moments to talk. This will usually win them over. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
Hi Mark,

So far you have received great options in answers. I have three other options for you to consider which are focused on saving you both time and money by providing you the information you need to make decisions and inquiries. First, you can search on either of my two website links below. One provides you with both map and list search results. The other provides search results for a range of details including a mobile app to download for use on your tablet or smart phone at no cost to you. Last, if send me an email request, I can send you a map version of our MLS areas in pdf form with no obligation. I understand many buyers prefer to use Trulia to search online for general information on homes.

If I can be of further assistance, let me know.

Emily Medvec, Realtor
Keller Williams Santa Fe
505-983-5151 office
505-660-4541 direct iphone
emilymedvec@gmail.com
Go to http://www.emilymedvec.com for map and/or list search results
Go to http://www.buysantafehomes.com for free mobile app
Thank you all for your valuable advice. If it could be shared, u would ALL get best answer. I have to be diplomatic about the realtor issue if u catch my, emm....drift. I Do hear you and agree totally. ( Also have u hugged your chicken to-day?)
:) Mark, no worries! Listen, we also all know each other, for the most part - small city - and yeah, we'll compete for your business, but can largely also vouch for the professional quality and ethical standards of our colleagues here, whomever you contact when the time comes.
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013