Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Dksmith2118, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

Is there a such thing as second time home owner, or is down payment assistance available if you already own a home.?

Asked by Dksmith2118, Jacksonville, FL Thu Jan 31, 2013

Hello, my husband and I are wanting to purchase a new home in the next few months. I purchased a home on my own before we were married 6 years ago. He has never purchased a home before. Now that we are looking to buy together will he be eligible to receive any form of down payment assistance as a first time homeowner

Help the community by answering this question:


Steve (888) 662-4404’s answer


Before you look contact a realtor, before you look and any homes, let me give you some loan scenrarios with down payment, out of pocket money and payment.

After reviewing these programs below, please email me at Steve@pro-option.com with the ones you'd like more info about:

1) 100% LTV- VA - pay off debt at closing on a purchases too!

2) 100% LTV- USDA - 12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too!

3) 99% LTV- FHA

4) 97% LTV- NEW- No PMI -No FHA 1.75% MIP Fee!

5) 95% LTV- NEW-No PMI!

6) 95% LTV- NEW-CONDO Loan

7) 90% LTV- NEW-No PMI -2nd Home

8) 90% LTV- New-Jumbo w/cc

9) 85% LTV- NEW- No PMI to Super Jumbo

10) 80% LTV- Rental Property

Stated Income Alt Loan programs

11) 80% LTV- to Super Jumbo

12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop. – No min. credit!

13) 75% LTV-to Mega Jumbo

14) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals-to Super Jumbo

15) 75% CLTV-after Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure to Super Jumbo

16) 70% LTV- Hard Money to Jumbo

17) Lot Loans / Land Loans Too!


0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
Hi DkSmith,

If you buy the home in your name, there is down payment assistance for first time homebuyers, provided that you meet income and other guidelines. This is usually available through the County where the home is.

There are also loans where you can roll the closing costs into the loan, so you need to know which banks can do this for you.

There are also builders who will pay all your closing costs - or can be negotiated into paying them if you have a skillful negotiator working for you.

Be aware that you will have to agree to live in the house a number of years to receive down payment assistance, and you will likely have to attend a class and make application for the program. If you move or sell the house prior to the time, you will have to pay back a portion of the assistance, depending on how long you have lived in the house.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

Sharon H. Alters, GRI
Team Alters
Coldwell Banker Vanguard
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 31, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer