Home Buying in Connecticut>Question Details

Brian J, Home Buyer in Danbury, CT

Is there a standard Termination of Buyer Agency form I can use to cancel my CT agreement in writing with my broker?

Asked by Brian J, Danbury, CT Wed Jan 25, 2012

Brian, I do not believe in agent's keeping clients hostage with their listings. IF for some reason you want to cancel, you obviously have a good reason. Whatever the reason is, most agents will let you go as its good karma. Please contact me for more direction. Make sure you hire an agent who is e-PRO certified who knows how to syndicate your listing. If you want activity on your home, the first step is to price it right, a home priced right is half sold. Secondly, you want your listing syndicated all over the world so other's will see it. 90% of all buyer's start on line to find a home, then they call an agent!!

THank you and feel free to contact me if I can be of service. 401 286 2571 http://www.sandybliven.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hello Brian,
I don't believe there is a standard form to terminate your buyer agency agreement with your Broker. If you are working with a real estate agent then you do need to discuss cancelling your agreement with the Broker or Office Manager because your contract is with the Brokerage firm not just the agent.

I suggest that you contact the Broker and discuss your reasons for why you wish to end your agreement. The Broker may choose to assign you to another agent in his office or may agree to cancel the agency agreement with you so that you can move on.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty