Lbnj, Home Buyer in Center City West, Ph...

Is there a special assessment pending at 2301 Cherry for the new windows, etc.?

Asked by Lbnj, Center City West, Philadelphia, PA Sun Oct 10, 2010

Answers

3
Fred Glick’s answer
if you are buying in there or working with an agent, they can find that out from a specific form that the Seller has to get for you to transfer title.

If you are not working with an agent, I will be happy to get the information for you.

Contact me, fred@fredglick.com or 215-852-4469 and I will get the info.
Web Reference: http://fglick.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 10, 2010
I sold a unit in the building this summer, and no assessment had yet been assessed- though the windows are at an age where a number of other similar buildings have started to replace.
The question you might want to ask is "Do I own those windows, or does the association"?
Not all buildings are the same with this issue- think Dorchester (each owner owns their windows) and The Hopkinson House (where the windows are owned by the association).
Mark Wade
Mark@CenterCity.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 10, 2010
I'd be sure to call the management company. If you are a buyer you can also ask for board minutes (usually after you have a contract). The certificate of resale (called a 3407 in pa) also will let you know if the association has reserved for windows/ upcoming capital projects