Carlos, Home Buyer in 92102

Is there a site where I can view potential VA loan approved properties?

Asked by Carlos, 92102 Fri Jan 20, 2012

I am pre approved for up to $175,000 on a VA loan. Most of the properties listed in the 92102 area within the 175K range are short sales.

Answers

10
There is NOT a site where you (Carlos) can quickly look at all VA-approved properties within a certain area. Baruch's answer/link below (https://vip.vba.va.gov/portal/VBAH/VBAHome/condopudsearch) does allow you to do what you want but only for condos/planned developments . . . it does not include single family detached homes. If you are looking for a single family detached home that is "VA approved" you really just need to start asking questions of specific properties you are interested in. For instance, find a great property at 123 Main St then ask your realtor if he/she can inquire with the seller on whether the seller will consider a "VA buyer (you)". A short sale has no reflection on whether the property would be VA eligible or not. The condition of the property is what matters. In general (very general!), if the property is completely beat up then it might not fly with the VA, if the property is in decent condition there is no reason to think a VA loan wouldn't work.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 20, 2012
Hi Carlos,

Good morning, if the subject property is a condo or PUD, then this site will help

https://vip.vba.va.gov/portal/VBAH/VBAHome/condopudsearch

However for most condos or PUD you will need the site name and that may differ from the HOA name, it's best to look up via county records which an agent can help you with that.

If the subject it a single family residence then a VA appraiser will go out to property after you have made an offer and been accepted. However typical things to look for are habitability, safety, proper heating and cooking area and a termite clearance. Hope that helps

Have a great day!

Baruch Rosenberg
619.436.9500
baruchr@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 20, 2012
C--

Check our website. We have all the MLS Homes that are for sale there. Pick out what suites your personal needs and then we'd be glad to show them to you!

As commented here, any property, if it qualifies, will go VA. Being a vet myself, and working with VA buyers, we will guide you through each phase of the purchase. Don't hesitate to relay on us for any property, albeit a distress home, bank owned (foreclosure) property, Va foreclosure or a conventional sale, etc. There are all kinds of opportunities out there for buyer, like yourself, right now ...

We offer a couple pamphlets, FREE for the asking, that may be of help too:
1. BARGAINS: 9 Sure-Fire Ways to Find Bargain Properties Today.
2. BUYER"S MARKET: How to Take Advantage of a Buyer's Market.

We're here for you anytime you like, just give us a call...

-- Rod --
Serving San Diego Families for 30 Years!
858-444-2443
PowersRealEstateTeam@gmail.com
Carlos,
Sadly the market is dominated by short sales. However there is no need to stay away from those homes, it just requires that you work with an agent who has done them before. It may take a while to get approval from the lender, sometimes as long as 3 months, so patience is a virtue.
There are also regular sales and foreclosures available that do not take long to get through. I could set up a search for you that will keep you informed about homes on the market that meet your needs. If you would like for me to do that for you just contact me and it will start immediately. You can search on my website for homes as well.

Best wishes,

I am never too busy for your referrals

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687
Hi Carlos,

Any detached home that's in good habitable condiiton, with no hazards, is a potential VA property, the seller just has to agree to accept an offer with a VA loan. It's really that simple, and VA loans aren't that difficult to navigate. In your price range, it may be more difficutlt to find an acceptable detached home. You're probably finding fixers, but even some homes that need VA-required repairs can be purchased with a VA loan if your agent knows how to work it into your offer. I just closed on a property with an FHA loan that started escrow needing FHA-required repairs with a bank that said they did no repairs. Sometimes it works.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Warm Regards,
Cory
Hi Carlos; Good question! A short sale is the best buy for U currently. I work with VA Buyers and have for eons. I'll send U current homes for sale inventory. Call 760 622 6855 or email me to chat about more VA details regarding VA requirements, including, but not limited to: clean VA appraisal and termite inspections, and termite clearance reports for all homes to obtain any VA Buyers Lenders Underwriters Investor final loan approval and more.
Web Reference: http://www.coastal.biz
Hi Carlos,

The very best thing you can do is hire a Realtor who has experience with short sales.

Often times in a short sale, the buyer is required to come in with additional cash to cover costs, especially if there is a second loan on the property. You will not often know the additional costs until you 1-3 months into the deal.

You want to know what is in front of you going into the deal.

We hope this helps you better understand the picture.

Best of luck!

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
There are definitely buildings that are VA approved. Sometimes, especially more recently, builders are making sure they get their new construction units approved up front. Single Family homes are VA approved. In regards to looking for properties that are VA approved, your realtor can do a search in the MLS where it states on the listing under financing terms that it is VA approved.

Kara
http://www.KaraWatkins.com
kara@karawatkins.com
619-708-8276
Web Reference: http://www.KaraWatkins.com
Hey Carlos,
I'd be more than happy to help you with that if you aren't already working with an agent.
There are easy ways to determine if VA will approve a property or not.
Let me know.

Daniel Di Matteo
Century 21 Award
619-512-0006
Carlos, VA doesn't approve an existing home unless a vet makes an offer to purchase it. It is part of the application process. Nothing says you can't purchase a short sale using a VA loan, good luck,