Jeff Dubhorn, Home Buyer in 07065

Is there a site or search engine for homes with large and multiple vehicle garages?

Asked by Jeff Dubhorn, 07065 Tue Sep 23, 2008

Most MLS or individual Realtor web sites allow for number of bedrooms and/or number of bathrooms. As a car enthusiast and collector I need to find a residence that would have adequate storage. I presently own two houses and am a partial owner of two others. City officials insist that I cannot enlarge the garages but would allow additions to the dwelling structure. Yet I know there are homes with larger garages and carriage houses that are only listed by beds and baths.

Answers

5
Try http://www.gsmls.com/ this is the link to the Garden State MLS which has a public search option, if they don't allow for details like multiple car garage you'll need to contact an agent to add these advanced search criteria.

If you need help feel free to call on me any time, I'm very familiar with rahway and the surrounding areas, I had plenty of family that grew up there and some still living there.
Absolutly, you just need to have the agent do an advanced search. What area are you looking in . I know of a multifamily in Westfield, NJ that has a 3 car garage. Check out this home from my web site.
http://www.elizabethkroncke.com
Beth
Jeff, I share your interest having collector cars also. Your realtor should be able to get this info for you as sites typically do allow listing agent to quantify garage spaces. You may want to have your agent also look at commercial properties and farms depending upon your price range. I currently have a property with 9.5 acres and a 100x30 ft barn (that would hold quite a few cars) I personally own 4 homes and wouldnt think of buying a house without garage space. (mine total at about 22 spaces. with out stacking. Email me with questions. You may want to consider the 4 post lifts if you have enough height.
Kenneth "Ken" Verbeyst CRS GRI ABR SRES
Broker-Associate
licensed PA & NJ
It would depend on the MLS. The Jersey Shore MLS, Ocean County, allows for number of garage bays. The Southern Monmouth/Northern Ocean, MOMLS, allows for that, as well as specific language in the discription, multiple garage bays, car storage etc. The South Jersey Shore MLS, Atlantic County and Ocean City in Cape May also provides for searches specific to car people.

Although it doesn not cover our area, you should check out this website http://activerain.com/lanebailey. It's Lane's Blog site, and it's called Looking Out From the Garage. He works in the Atlanta area, but being a car guy, he might have some connections in your area.

Good Luck, and Happy Motoring!
Hi Jeff,
As a member of 3 MLS' I can find you many homes that have large or multiple vehicle garages. I have seen
a number of them while showing houses in the central NJ area. Send me your email Jeff and I can get you a list of these homes.
Richard Jensen
Realtor-Associate
Global Realty Marketing
Somerville,NJ
richjensen@wlgdirect.com
908 725 1960
732 986 7732