John Munroe…, Real Estate Pro in 33304

Is there a single best way to get a listing through Trulia?

Asked by John Munroe GRI, PA, 33304 Thu May 16, 2013

Answers

8
if you are a listing agent, you should call trulia directly.
Sorry for the syntax confusion. I was asking if there are or is a recommended approach to using Trulia that will help an agent acquire listings. Thanks again.
You put this question in Home Buying so no one can figure out your question. Some brokers put your listings on Trulia, you can pay Trulia directly, or you can use Postlets.
jsmunroe59,

Jennifer and John are both correct. There really isn't a single best way through any platform to advertise or gain leads and exposure. I do have fellow agents who have had success in connecting with Buyers through Trulia, Zillow, and Realtor.com but not much success on the listing side. That being said, the best way to gain exposure on any of those websites is to pay for the services of making you more searchable. You can advertise directly on all three as well, however I have not personally heard of much success using that method. Digital advertising takes the same, if not more, work as traditional advertising. Essentially, it all boils down to can potential Buyers (and Sellers) find you? You increase your chances of being noticed by adhering to the standards set forth by each platform, whether it is a paid service or participation based. Trulia does have a "VIP" program that allows agents to submit content via blog, reviews, or answers to user generated questions such as yours. The more activity you commit to the website the higher your search-ability which in turn leads to leads. Once you make contact with a lead, then traditional agency service takes over. Lastly, ask for referrals from successful contacts. This will in turn build your profile which increases your ranking. The aforementioned usually has its greatest success in connecting you with Buyers. Listings via Trulia or any digital marketing....you're better off adhering to John's response, "Word of mouth!"

Good luck and be sure to share your experience good and bad.

Caleb J. Van Dyken
e-Pro
Balistreri Realty
954-204-1404
Caleb, thanks for all the insight. BTW, I live very close to your office in Playa Del Mar. Thank you again.
Flag Thu May 16, 2013
I have gotten only buyers and renters but not sellers. If you really want to list properties , then you have to go by the old fashion american way that is farming the area of your preference by walking the neighborhood, joining their civic association meetings and/or placing your ad in their tabloids or newsletters, also make your own newsletter about the ultimate trends of Real Estate in the area and deliver it personally door to door. Use your imagination and creative talent to do something special for the neighbors or residents that make them to remember you forever, set yourself aside from ordinary, smile, smile and smile from the bottom of your heart, be factual, informative, trustworthy, reliable, never be pushy and in a matter of couple of months for sure you will have your first listing in that area. Good luck.
SPEND a lot of $$$, I suppose, & follow up. Good Luck!
Can you rephrase your question to be more specific?

However, I suspect that if one subscribes to Trulia Pro or something like that for a monthly fee, one will probably get hits for customers (buyers and/or sellers) but I don't know the accuracy of those potential customer requests. I know some of agents in my office and real estate compadres who subscribed to Trulia, or Zillow, or Home.com or others and they all say that they may get one successful lead (buyer or seller) in a year. But, that is, hear-say, of course.

I ride the free-bee hereon Trulia but I enjoy sharing my knowledge input on its blog site. I have been doing so for at least two years. I have only gotten three customer hits of which I followed up with the inquiries but no one ever responded back.

That being said, I like to generate business the old fashioned way: by word of mouth referrals...and I am doing well selling real estate.
What do you mean by "Through Trulia" ???