Home Buying in Port Richey>Question Details

Annette Elrod, Both Buyer and Seller in Bandera, TX

Is there a problem with sink holes in this area?

Asked by Annette Elrod, Bandera, TX Sun Aug 21, 2011

Answers

3
MICHAEL J. GALLO’s answer
Annette, please remember when doing your sinkhole research that not every sinkhole claim in the past was a truly valid one. With our new State Legislation on sinkholes one must truly have a sinkhole to have an issue. Many claims in the past were done to get mortgages paid off by using basic settlement issues like cracks in the stucco to get a payoff. Keep in mind also that sinkhole coverage on your insurance policy is becoming a thing of the past because if you truly have an issue, your catastrophic damage coverage will take care of it.

I wish you much luck in finding a home in Port Richey. We have some great deals on the market right now. If you need help with anything feel free to call or email me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 22, 2011
Realtor George has given a good link... go to http://www.MyFlorida.com and input in the search box "sinkhole". It actually has a map that you can pull up to see how many "subsidence" problems have been reported on a Google Earth Map.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Go to my florida.com and type in sinkhole in the search box to get all the information you need, before you purchase any property, that information HAS to be disclosed, make sure you have a home inspection done,, i know an inspector who has been doing this for years, this is a great time to buy in Pasco county, it is one of the most affordable counties in Florida.
If you need more info just e mail me kalamata34654@yahoo.com No oblgation.