Home Buying in Bellevue>Question Details

US_Expat_in_…, Home Buyer in Bellevue, WA

Is there a mortgage program available for US citizen living abroad wanting to buy a house in bellevue for investment?

Asked by US_Expat_in_Oz, Bellevue, WA Tue Jun 5, 2012

Answers

9
Hi Usexpatinoz...

Good for you for wanting to buy on the homefront! As everyone has mentioned below, you'll need a sizeable down payment of at least 20% but that's true of anyone buying an investment property. So many programs are available. My brokerage is conveniently located on Bellevue Way and deals with foreign investors on a regular basis. We are also affiliated with Landover Mortgage who can help you find the right mortgage product. You can contact Suzie Sparks at 425-894-7960. Email: suziesparks@landovermortgage.com - she'll be able to help you figure out what you can afford, and what type of down payment you'll need so you can begin your search. Good luck with it, and let me know if I can be of any assistance to you... :)
Yes you can buy an investment property while living abroad. It is pretty simple actually.
You would need 25% down.

Thanks, Dan
Yes, there are. Please e-mail chrissoon@tecrealestate.com and or contact me direct at (425)274-0380. I will put you in direct contact with an array of mortgage professional who can assist you. also, on my webpage, you will have link to mortgage. http://www.chrissoon.com
You may want to contact our Preferred Lender, Todd Johnson – Regional Director – Willamette Valley Bank – Here is a link to Todd’s information: Merritt Team - Preferred Lender Most likely your capacity to purchase will depend on your overall situation “living abroad” – A few questions which would need to be addressed would be as follows:

• Understanding you are a US Citizen –
o Do you file standard 1040 Tax Returns?
o Do you receive W2 wages?
o Do you own a “primary residence” in the US
o Etc.

Todd and his team will be very helpful to determine if there is a specific loan program available. Feel free to email/call and let him know we referred him. Assuming you can purchase an investment property, we would be happy to help – and Todd is an expert in aiding our clients to fully understand the associated benefits of owning investment property – whether deferred Tax Free gain is your primary objective and/or creating Tax Free income via offsetting depreciation – he will be of great assistance to help you evaluate.
Have you thought about a duplex as an investment? I have a great one in W. Seattle at 2826 SW Dakota St. You could probably pay for the mortgage & property management
from the rent!
We're actually thinking of moving back to the states in 4 years' time & move into the property. We prefer a single-family home in a good school district (K-12) with high rental demand and Bellevue seems to fit the bill.
Flag Tue Jun 5, 2012
Should not be a problem to get you approved. 20% down will work, but 25% will get you a better rate. Contact me if you want help. I can do the loan & the real estate for all in one place to make it easier for you. My cell number is 206-841-9976 if you want to phone, but email is good too.

Take care, Jirius Isaac
Many programs are available for investment properties. Inventory levels are extremely low right now, so I would suggest getting pre-approved by a reputable lender (call me and I can suggest a few to choose from). As you are starting that process we can do a wants/needs analysis to show you what your ROI (return on investement) could be.
Jason
Jasonecook@windermere.com
206-280-1911
Here is my contact information lisa.toledo@ziprealty.com. I will connect you to my lender and she can work with you to answer your questions!

Kindly,

Lisa Toledo
360.621.1455
Should be able to use any program
20% down
will need to be able to verify income / employment / assets etc....