Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Ethan S., Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Is there a high rise in a desirable SF neighborhood?

Asked by Ethan S., San Francisco, CA Mon May 21, 2012

I'd love to have the city views that come with a high rise apartment, but I don't want to live in a sketchy neighborhood. Where should I be looking?

Answers

9
Gabrielle Dahms’ answer
Ethan,

San Franicsco is a densely populated city where many properties aside from hi-rises offer views. Most hi-rises in the city are east of Van Ness Avenue and south of Market. As neighborhood is of concern to you, it all depends on what exactly you are seeking in a neighborhood and the kind of lifestyle that appeals to you. In order to best answer your question - rather than just spit out names of buildings and neighborhoods, please provide more detail about these items. Feel free to call me at 415-200-7202.
South Beach and SOMA aren't the only high rise neighborhoods... just the most dense. Russian Hill and Pacific Heights also have them, and you're a lot more likely to get views of the Golden Gate Bridge in these two northern neighborhoods.

You can also find spectular views in buildings that are on one of San Francisco's many hills, so the building doesn't have to be a high rise. If the neighborhood has "heights" or "hill" in the name you can be assured of finding places with great views. For instance one of my listings is in Corona Heights at http://www.417Roosevelt.com and has expansive views including downtown in the distance. The views are truly stunning from its two large decks and from the Living Room and Master bedroom.

Telegraph Hill, Ashbury Heights, Corona Heights, Parnassus Heights, Diamond Heights, Potreto Hill, etc. Twin Peaks, Noe Valley and some other neighborhoods also have condos and houses with phenomonal views.

What is your price range, and minimum size requirements?
Web Reference: http://www.417Roosevelt.com
If you need a good lender, we do 80% financing to $2.5mm...4.25% 30 yr fixed..no points or loan fees.4.312% apr..message me if interested.
Guess what??? You don't need to get a high rise to get city views of San Francisco..

Just south of AT&T Park, the new condominiums (The Madrone) has unobstructed views of the city and it's an up and coming neighborhood with UCSF Hospital (future); Bayer; Life Sciences; Bio Tech; UCSF Mission Bay; etc.

Many agents, including myself, will be showing these residences.

415-863-7500 offfice
Dear Ethan,

Do you want to live in Pacific Heights, Russian Hill or South Beach? I think those areas have the best high rise apartments with great views. If you are unsure, drive around the areas and get a feel for the neighborhoods for they are very different. If you go to my website, you will find descriptions of the areas.

Do you have a realtor? You should ask her or him. There are many nice highrise buildings and the prices vary per area. If you do not have your own realtor, ask one of us. We would all be happy to point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Sally
Ethan,

Here are some that fall within those parameters:

333 Bush
Grammercy Towers
The Brannan
Infinity
88 King
One Rincon
The Millennium
Four Seasons

Lizete
Web Reference: http://www.LizeteSantos.com
Ethan,

Depending on your definition of 'sketchy', this could take you in many directions. Instantly, I think of One Rincon Hill, The Metropolitan, The Infinity, and One Hawthorne as four great options for you. All are in areas that I would define as safe and offer some of the best views in San Francisco. Ground breaking for Phase 2 of One Rincon Hill is planned for next month so if you decide to move into a home there on the NE side be aware that there will be some construction for about 24 to 26 months.

I hope this is helpful and feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss this further.

Gabriel

gabriel@climbsf.com
415-562-6999
Hi Eathan,

My recommendation would be to look in Embarcadero, South Beach, and Yerba Buena. These areas have the highest concentration of new high rise buildings.

Are you looking for rental or purchase?
Try the Infinity Towers, The Brannan, 1080 Chestnut (co-op) to list a few. There are many other options. Feel free to contact me directly for specific info and opportunities.

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com