Home Buying in Port Arthur>Question Details

Yjacks3, Home Buyer in Port Arthur, TX

Is there a down payment assistance program in the Port Authur, Tx area?

Asked by Yjacks3, Port Arthur, TX Wed Jun 30, 2010

Answers

4
Oh sorry I forgot to add, the dpa for a pre existing home in Port Arthur is only 7,500 I believe or 9,500...but for a newly reconstructed house it was 20,000.
But check with them to see when they reset for the year. Make sure you take all the necessary classes, and you can also try building you a house with the habitat for hummanity, or Sweat Equity Program (which is just like it) also ask about this program at the housing department. Also, make sure you find a lender who works with these different types of assistance otherwise you would be preapproved with a bank but couldnt use the grant funds. (which the tejano center helps to guide u with also) they are credit counsiling and homebuyers courses
hope this helps
yes there is, you have to go down to the port arthur texas housing deptartment and go to the classes with the tejano center and they can refer to u all the resources, currently for this year I was told they were maxed out, but they have other programs such as NACA and they can also help you with these.
I checked the county and there are no down payment assistance programs for that area, however, there is a bond 77 program that Nanci mentioned and there is also a bond 74 program through the state that might apply. If you have any questions regarding home financing, please feel free to contact me.

Ashley
972-332-2521
There may be assistance through the Bond 77 Program. You may contact me directly if you have questions.

nancizimmmer@yahoo.com
Team West Real Estate
512-784-8692