Shahrazadstar, Home Buyer in 75098

Is there a broker in Albuquerque with experience in Socorro that can help me buy a second home there?

Asked by Shahrazadstar, 75098 Sun Jan 1, 2012

My husband and I would like to purchase a second house in Socorro. We have found the house and began negotiations with the listing agent representing both sides. We ended up not coming to an agreement and we left feeling that our best interests weren't being served. Either way we want to purchase the house but with a broker that will work for us not against us. if you have experience in real estate in Socorro please reply with your contact info.

Answers

6
I wanted to post a follow up to my question. I chose to use Steve Quintana for my purchase in Socorro, NM. This was the best decision I could have made. The original deal fell through because we couldn't reach a deal with the seller but we kept looking and found a better house. Steve was there every step of the way, First trying to get a deal reached on the original house, then he met us in Socorro to go house hunting and finally acted as our Broker for the house we eventual bought. It was a tedious process starting about Jan 10 and finally ending March 29. We couldn't be happier with the purchase or the decision to use Steve as our Broker. He goes above and beyond. We plan on making future purchases in New Mexico and I won't use anyone else but Steve!
Thank you for contacting me about your Socorro real estate activities. It was a pleasure working with you. Please contact me when ever you have a real estate question.

Footnotes:

Real estate transactions in a small community like Socorro offers an opportunity to work with a small core group of locals. At the same time there are novel aspects to working in Socorro. For instance there is only one title company in the area and inspectors and appraisers may have to travel from Albuquerque. The locals pride themselves in doing things the Socorro Way. Those wishing to buy or sell in Socorro are welcome to contact me for help.

Socorro is a fabulous small town which is home to New Mexico Tech, aka New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology fka New Mexico School of Mines. New Mexico Tech is a highly regarded university focused on science and engineering.
Hello, I would like to propose that since you have the house selected already, your primary need now is someone with strong contract negotiation expertise, which is more important at this point than knowing Soccorro. If you were still looking for properties in Soccorro, then I would suggest a Soccorro agent, but most of the state uses the same contracts, and you need someone who employs powerful and effective negotiating techniques to protect your interests and make sure the process proceeds appropriately. I wrote and managed multi-million dollar contracts for Sandia Labs for years, and I have owned my own real estate company for 8 years now. I would be pleased put my expertise to work for you to. I have many references that you can call to ask how I handle transactions successfully. My clients always feel safe and secure and know they are getting a good deal with little to no risk. And, since you have already found the home (done much of the legwork) I would even consider a commission rebate for you, as you have earned it! That means not only are my services free to you, but I would share some of the commission paid to me by the sellers with you! Please call, text, or email me to learn more. Best of luck! --- David
I have been selling land in the Socorro area since 1981 and am very familiar with the area and the people. I am a broker living in Albuquerque and would be glad to help you with your search. You can reach me at 505-999-9485. I am also a NAR GREEN DESIGNEE. You san find out more information on my website http://WWW.MESAVISION.COM

JIM VANHOOSE
QUALIFYING BROKER
MESAVISION REALTY
505-999-9485
Web Reference: http://WWW.MESAVISION.COM
Please call me to discuss your situation. I have recently listed and/or sold six properties in Belen, a small town on the way to Socorro which has similar local dynamics. I have practiced real estate in many of the far-flung cities, towns and counties of New Mexico in the last 25 years. I am sure I can help you and promise you I will do an excellent job for you. Call me!
505-362-2328
I'll be glad to assist you. You can reach me at 505-252-2715. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR,

Christella Padilla
Coldwell Banker Legacy