Home Buying in Park Slope>Question Details

Lois, Home Buyer in Park Slope, Brooklyn,...

Is there a big difference in selling and resale pricing between Park Slope and South Park Slope?

Asked by Lois, Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY Fri Mar 18, 2011

Answers

3
I am not sure I understand your question? I am a developer and have sold a ton of top end homes in the South Slope. The price points are obviously less than Center Slope. Current trending on top end 2 family homes in the CS is over a $1,000 psf. The comps confirm this. The range is 750ish for nice and about 850 for well done and $1000 plus for super.

Good examples of South Slope homes with amenities like WBFs, etc., you might look at 303 13th Street; 158 14th Street, and 188 11th Street, for example. The South Slope homes are not at the crazy price point in the Center Slope. Again, the comps are dispositive.

A well done home in the South Slope is a very easy sale if it is priced right. I have never had problems in any of these locations. Of course, as a buyer or seller, you need to be smart, do your homework on possible projects coming your way, neighbors, etc. The number of no go blocks has gone from a lot in the mid to late 90s to virtually none now. PS - I have lived in PS for 30 years.

Condos are a totally different story and the pricing is completely different w/ completely different considerations.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your hunt.
There use to be in the 80's my husband and I lived in the South Slope, it was being Gentrified, slowly! but now I don't think theres much difference. Where are you looking in the South Slope? Also it maybe slightly cheaper since its not as established as the North Slope
Much will depend on exact location, property size, condition, upgrades, etc., if looking to buy or sell, do review comps with your agent--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, then make a determination on price...