There are several benefits when comparing VA loans to conventional.
1) 100% financing vs 5-10% down with conventional
2) Depending on your credit score you'll probably end up with a better rate on a VA loan
3) No monthly mortgage insurance - this means a lower monthly payment
4) VA will allow up to 6% seller concessions for closing costs while conventional loans are capped at 3%.
5) The VA limits what costs a veteran can pay so you end up with a better a deal.
First Take advantage for something you deserve and more if you were in the arm forces. A VA loan is the way to go. Consult you lender but you receive more advantage over a conventional loan. So, go for it.
Best of luck!
Also there is no mortgage insurance on Va loans whereas on a conventional loan with 5% down you may be paying close to an extra 1% on the interest rate every month (it is known as mortgage insurance but effectively it raises the monthly cost of your credit).
A Va loan will allow you to put much less money down and do it cheaper than a conventional loan.
215 674 9059