Home Buying in Boston>Question Details

orion, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Is there a bank that will provide a house loan to a person that is in the middle of permanent residence application and currently has H1B status?

Asked by orion, Boston, MA Fri Oct 12, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Greer’s answer
Of course there are! Your visa status has less to do with the situation than your US credit history and proven income stream.

Even with H1B status, you have a tax ID and therefore an established credit history. Imagine that a lender just wants to know that you have money, you're reliable and that you have the potential of paying them back. To establish this, they just want to see that you have a track record of doing so otherwise they wouldn't take a risk on you.

Good luck! Another tactic to take would be to talk with an international bank with presence in your home country who may have a way of using your established credit history in your home country. Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Best bet is to check in with some of the larger banks and mortgage brokers
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Local lenders may have the best options.
I'd look for the most experienced local lender - local meaning a local bank rather than a national bank with a local branch.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 29, 2012
Absolutely. Contact me to discuss.
Rshapiro at assetmortgage dot net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Yes, we lend with this type of visa. As long as it is not expired. Call me for a complimentary pre-approval.
Web Reference: http://www.annsabbagh.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 12, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer