Mysillybella, Home Buyer in Old Bridge, NJ

Is there a accurate website to find comparable sales? I've heard Zillow is the best but I'm not having any luck.

Asked by Mysillybella, Old Bridge, NJ Tue Jun 4, 2013

Answers

14
You should seek a broker in your area that operates VOW (Virtual Office Website). This is a website where the broker is allowed to show you sold data on the website along with active properties.
You can read more about Virtual Office Websites here
http://leadidx.com/category/Virtual-Office-Website-VOW.aspx
Your best bet is to contact a qualified realtor in your area who will be able to supply you with accurate and up to date information. You will save yourself a lot of time and effort and at least you will have factual data. Good Luck!
While you want accurate information in buying or selling a property just to maintain sanity, you have options, one is to be proactive, two is to obtain several opinions, three is to evaluate that data.

Let me list a few thought's;

1: Many internet site's have no way to physically view the property, they offer either a high or to low of an estimate based on not completing an onsite preview.
2. You need to see enough property to know the market you are buying or selling in.
3. Local professionals can give you examples of pricing to that given market.
4. By careful analysis of your data you can make the appropriate decisions.
5. BPO - - - Brokers Price Opinion's, most brokers and professionals feel it absolutely necessary to do an onsite evaluation, as well as talk with the owner to correctly price a property to sale. Pricing is an art!

Michael Swanson #00892708 - - - Wish you the best.
At the end of the day, there's no substitute for a professional human being who can make decisions based on knowledge and experience. My recommendation is to find an agent or broker in your area who is BPO certified (Brokers Price Opinion). You can find them through the National Association of Realtors website. They will be the most trained in getting you as close to an appraisal on a property as possible. Hope this helps!
The best way to obtain accurate comparables whether you are buying or selling is to ask a Realtor. Internet websites typically use homes from a geographic radius to the home without taking into consideration the specific home's style, size, features, location and upgrades. Sometimes their estimates are way too low , other times they are inflated
The consumer sites like Trulia and Zillow use averages to calculate their home values and are not very accurate. I would recommend you contact a Realtor to help you. The best place to get comparable sales is through the MLS. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me at your convenience.

Ron Sheedy
(732) 239-7452
You can use Zillow, but it may be best to speak to a realtor. There is no obligation. If you would like give me a call to discuss this further. I cane be reached at 908-217-9971.

Thank You.....
Tom O'Keeffe
Prudential New Jersey Properties
Manalapan,NJ
Skip the consumer sites, which use averages!
Start working with a REALTOR, who can not only access the MLS data, but the county tax records for sales that were not through the MLS, like sales from a builder to a buyer and For Sale by Owner to buyer closings.
Hi Mysillbella,
I am glad that you have reached out here with your question. I am professional real estate agent and can assist you with a buyer or seller comp report. Please email me the locations that you are interested in finding comps. My email address is angelabaskin@kw.com or angelabaskin1@gmail.com. In addition, you can call or text me at 718-344-7862 on my mobile or reach me on my office phone at 732-536-9010 ext 326.
I am looking forward to hearing back from you.
Angela Baskin
keller Williams Realty West Monmouth
Zillow is the most inaccurate site for comparables. If you would like a free market analysis on your him I would be happy to speak with you.
Thank you but i am actually the buyer. Sellers want us to agree to contract which states that we would pay full price no matter what property appraises for. We're trying to get an idea of estimate w/o paying $450 for our own appraisal.
Flag Tue Jun 4, 2013
Metrolist ( your area search engine is and will always be the best source. All the other programs use an IDX to get the information. The IDX pulls the info from your local search engine. Does that make sense?
In my experience the local MLS is the best place to find comparable sales.
zillow is actually one of the worst sites to determine property values. Zillow's Z estimates are sometimes off by as much as 50%. very unreliable
"They" are talking about Zillow again.
Are "they" talking about using a Realtor?

Using a Realtor, when you are the Buyer, is a free service.
And they have access to all the COMPs.

But you can use Zillow, if you want.