Cc Lim, Home Buyer in Champaign, IL

Is there a Hall of Shame and Hall of Fame on Trulia? I believe this is a fabulous thing to have!

Asked by Cc Lim, Champaign, IL Mon Jul 15, 2013

Answers

10
I'd love to see a hall of shame and hall of fame here!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 26, 2013
I think this idea has merit. Some of us have met each other in our local area's and through this venue we all know the level professionalism many of us off to the home buying/selling public.

Some of us here have endorsed each other on Trulia "Q&A" forum such as Brent and Piero and no better compliment can be given than be endorsed by a fellow RE or loan officer. This is the direction this proposal be taken.

Laura, Brent, Piero,Tony Akil and others we should take this forum to another level of mutual endorsement that Trulia does not provide.... giving us an additional benefit.

I suggest we all meet in Bowie this summer (central location) for all of to meet and discuss this.

Akil can find us a location.

Your thoughts??

Greg
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 16, 2013
Do the Inductees receive a gold jacket at induction?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 15, 2013
I think that I should be the Judge;
I've been told that I have no shame.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 15, 2013
Hi Cc Lim!!! OK you made me smile today!! If you need an excellent Real Estate Agent, contact me?
I would be up for that Greg. Let's see who else is interested and go from there.

Brent Mendelson
1st Mariner Mortgage
nmls#111407
What a great Idea.
Of course I should be the sole judge of who gets the FAME or SHAME!
It's only fair.
-
Perhaps, fame should go only to those to whom the "Annette Lemon Drop Martini' at Sea Sea Riders, in Dunedin FL is named.
-
Or perhaps FAME to those who have the foresight and energy to game the process.
-
Just this week on Truila, a disappointed buyer wanted to hold their agent accountable for their costs for an inspection, appraisal and acquiring the HOA docs when it was the bank the buyer chose that was to blame for refusing to fund 5 days before closing. How do you put the paste back in the tube when buyers and sellers troll aggregate websites gathering faulty information and predictibley allow their ego to seek the wrong folks to blame?
-
What about the rent to own buyer who was repeatedly warned and get robbed of their savings and want to place blame on the real estate community?
-
Then there is a great reluctance to do the only effective action avaialable to us. When a lender refuses to fund 4 days before closing...the lender needs to be EXPOSED. If the events are factual, reveal the lender so other buyers can avoid them.
-
But too often all folks do is rant. Spread their unhappiness or anger toxins about and accomplish nothing but harm many.
-
For the Hall of Shame I have a few leporous candidates already.
For the Hall of Fame, that will be easy. There are stellar professionals worhy of such recognition.
-
Here is how TRULIA intends to create fame within Agent Directory ranking..
(From Trulia's recent email)
1.Answer buyer and seller questions in Trulia Voices
(What I'm doing now)
-
2.Make sure your profile is complete to show off your skills
(Forces agent to subcribe to mobil platforms)
-
3.Add your sold homes or active listings to your Trulia profile
(Beefs up Truila content in addition to stolen agent IP)
-
4.Request recommendations from former and current clients
(Beef up Truila subcriber base)
-
5.Market yourself with one of Trulia’s advertising solutions
(Beefs up Trulia's income)
-
6.Respond quickly to leads you capture on Trulia
(Serious buyers or sellers are not on Trulia. Responding to leads is a waste of time. Trulia knows it.)
-
Mutual collaboration with Brent, Ron, Alil,Laura, Greg, Debra, John, Tim, Rose, a host of other stars and me, should produce the results you want.
-
A fabulous thing to have. So, everything should be a popularity contest. Likes and TU's and BA's and reccomends and all the social approval stuff. \
That is what politicians FOCUS on.
How's that working?
That would be interesting but who would moderate? What Trulia has set up now under the find an agent is a good venue to see who has the most positive feedback, listing count, etc. Sounds like that might open up a can of worms. Most of the bad agents weed themselves out around here. And the good ones have great stats to share when they meet a client.
I think that's a great idea. Who gets to decide though?
No, but you can research agents using the find an agent button on the site, and it allows you to choose certain criteria from a drop down list. If you are looking for an agent to assist you, please feel free to contact me with your questions.