Home Buying in Surfside>Question Details

David25, Home Buyer in Surfside, FL

Is their any demand for single family home rentals walking distance to the beach in the Miami Beach area, or are beachfront condos the only real?

Asked by David25, Surfside, FL Wed Feb 24, 2010

vacation market?

Answers

4
Yes, single family home rentals are doing great - many people can not get approved in the condominiums or town houses with HOA (credit problems, criminal background etc. due to recent short sales, bk and foreclosures). A landlord can agree to rent to a person with credit blemishes and requesting additional security or even 6 months rent upfront (or postdated checks so there is no chasing the tenant).

Also, many condominiums are not pet friendly. Houses are heaven for those with large dogs or pets of any nature! If the house has a dockage or a waterview - your value will appreciate a great deal in the future, with nobody changing the condo by-laws in a manner of a U-turn, re. renting...
We currently see a lot of "tightening" of by-laws.

Single family homes are great for vacational purposes also (as long as the house is very updated).
Many of my clients love the website vrbo.com...so check it out!

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
305-904-2355
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Miami Beach Ocean Front and the nearby areas- especially those on the west side of Collins Avenue (A1A) are ideal for vacation destinations. There are several great options in Sunny Isles Beach- Golden Shores where there are single family homes very suitable for vacation rentals. Beachfront condos are very limited- for the most part in regards to vacation rentals. Most condominiums have limitations and restrictions, that require a minimum of 3-6 month terms....

♥.•*¨`*•♫.
≈≈≈ Mott Marvin Kornicki, REALTOR® ≈≈≈
Aventura | Bal Harbour | Sunny Isles Beach
≈≈≈≈≈≈ "★” This is the House “★" ≈≈≈≈≈≈
David, you jest right? I'm up here in Orlando, but even from here I'm sure the answer is a giant YES. I just did a quick google and found a ton on sites. Check them out.
Hi David,
I feel there is a market for single family homes, especially for those with large families that just cannot be accomodated in a condo. And the larger the condo, the mroe expensive to rent, so it may be very cost effective.

When you say vacation maket you probably mean a month or several months. as a weekly rental is very difficult to manage.

I hope this helps, and I would be glad to assist tyou further, feel free to contact me directly.

Beth Jenkins
South FLorida Brokers.
786-374-4778
Web Reference: http://www.arealtyteam.com