Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

scottl, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Is the the South - Southeast parts of the metro area a good area buy a home? League City, Kemah, Clear Lake or any where in the Clear Creek ISD?

Asked by scottl, Houston, TX Sun Aug 19, 2012

I never see posts on those areas, just Cypress, Spring, Katy and Woodlands. Is there something wrong in Clear Lake or Clear Creek? My family liked the area around the space center when we visited Houston and now we are relocating but would like help.

How is the market there? Prices going up or down? When is the best time of the year to buy a home in the Houston metro region?

Answers

7
Great area to reside. Unsure if the area has exactly bottomed out. Everytime we, Realtors, suggest that home prices have hit rock bottom, interest rates continue to decrease. Now, home sales have slightly increased. You can get a great deals in the Clear Lake area. The schools are great, the area coincides with the schools and homes are still close to Houston, Galveston, etc. I can get you in touch with a reputable, great Realtor, my Broker Keith, and he will get you a great home at a great price. Yes, I too am a Realtor. I reside in the city, but my office is still in the Clear Lake area. Call me when you have an opportunity.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
As far as timing is concerned, home values have bottomed out and interest rates are at extremely low levels. Clear Lake area has already felt the effects of NASA's downsizing. The bottom of the interest rate occurred about 30 days ago and no one can predict past today. But the current trend is for rates to increase or level off. At this point, none of the experts are predicting interest rates to decrease. Interest rates in Texas are priced better than some other States, due to our stable economy and housing markets. If you would like some additional information, please feel free to call.

Neal Davis
Senior Mortgage Banker
NMLS No. 213826

Republic State Mortgage Company
2121 Sage Road, Suite 140
Houston, Texas 77056

713-579-7810 (Direct)
713-579-7801 (Fax)
713-579-7800 (Main Off.)

ndavis@rsmc.net
http://www.republicstatemortgage.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
Is this area on the rise or the decline?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
This is a very good area and one of the best school districts. Clear Creek Independent School District and Frienswood Independent School District, you can research on their websites.
Clear Lake and Friendswood area have a lot to offer.
Easy access to freeway, close to Glaveston, Kemah Boardwalk, NASA, Houston, Galleria, Medical Center, you name it you can get there via I-45, Beltway 8, and 610.

Fun things to do include boating, sailing, fishing, hiking, bike riding, shopping, and eating just to list a few. There are also nature trails and good parks and also some dog parks.

New homes are still being built in the League City, Friendswood area and are selling well. I live in the area so I am very familar with it.

I would like to know more information about your needs and wants and time frame to move here. There are so many factors to consider when moving to a new location, it never hurts to have a realtor you can talk to.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have. Need a lender I can help you with that to.

I can be reached at 281-814-8332.

Diana Lawless GRI
Broker Associate
United Texas Realtors
I agree with the previous answers. There are many fantastic, well established neighborhoods in southeast Houston. The Northwest is receiving a lot of attention as it is in a rapid growth period; plans for the expansion of 290, completion of the northwest section of the Grand parkway connecting The Woodlands to the I-10 energy corridore and the developement of the Exxon campus in the Woodland's lends one to anticipate continued growth and expansion. Where you will be working and the types of activities you enjoy in your free time will determine the best location for you to purchase a home. You will definitly want to consider commute time here in Houston. Depending on what highways you will need to travel you can figure on doubling if not tripleing non-rush hour travel times.

The Houston market is and historically has been among the best in the nation. We are currently experiencing a slow increase in the price of homes as our inventory is low and buyer activity is strong. For the first time in years we have seen the return of multiple offers on homes and calls from the seller's for highest and best offers from the interested parties. This mayhem is tempered by the appraisal process though, since the home needs to appraise for the sale price if a mortgage is involved, so many times the price that won the contract isn't the price it sells for since the appraised market value needs to be supported by past sales. The result is that we are seeing a gradual increase in property values, making is a great time for both buyers and sellers to buy and sell homes.

Call me if you would like further information on areas of Houston that may interest you. 281-798-4100. Or contact me by simply clicking on my picture.
Scott,

That is a wonderful area of the city. Other areas in that general southeast direction include Pearland, Friendswood and more. The Clear Creek school district has always been highly ranked, but each school varies and you would need to check that out depending on your situation.

This area of Houston has less trees in general, but is very close to Galveston Bay, Clear Lake and the gulf waters off of Galveston. The slow down and layoffs around the Johnson Space Center have caused some concerns, but growth in the oil patch has made the area grow in general. Plenty of new construction and areas that give you that small town feel. Need to keep your eye out for potential flood areas, but that is easy to do. Overall, a wonderful place to call home.

General real estate values are holding steady to moving up slightly in the Houston area. Every community is a bit different and there are still great bargains for buyers that have the ability to purchase. The best time to buy is NOW. The market conditions will not change greatly between the seasons. In general, more new listings come on the market in the early spring. Keep in mind ANYTHING on the water will be much more expensive that in-land and variety of homes to choose from will be limited. Let us know if we can help.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
The Clear Lake Area, in general, is a phenomenal area. CCISD is one of the best school districts so is neighboring Friendsood ISD. I lived out that way for a number of years. The housing market is very good as well. It's nice to reside near Kemah and close to Galveston Beach. My office is down that way. I can turn you onto my Broker, Keith Griffin, whom sales many homes every year and he is very well educated of the general home buying process as well as the market. Please, give me a call when you have an opportunity. Thanks and have a relaxing Sunday is preparation to a wonderful week.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132