Home Buying in Corrales>Question Details

JJAMsMom, Home Buyer in Corrales, NM

Is the property taxes in Corrales as high as .4%

Asked by JJAMsMom, Corrales, NM Thu May 2, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3830326-60-Via-Oreada-Corrale…

Answers

1
Good morning JJAMsMom,

The best way to estimate taxes is to divide what the estimated sales price is by 3 and multiply it by the mill levy rate which in this case would be .036633. Yearly taxes at the current list price would be $10,402.92. If you would like some assistance determining if the current list price is competitive I would be glad to put my knowledge of appraisal and construction to work for you.

Kind regards,
Art Miller
Thank you, Art. My husband and I were looking into Corrales for our retirement
home, but he noticed that the taxes on a home that I had sent him was very high. As we will be on a fixed income, he has figured how much we can payout per month on a home (taxes, mortgage and insurance). He was a bit shocked at how high the property tax was. It is true of all that area of New Mexico? We are originally from El Paso, and knew many who went to New Mexico because of the rate in El Paso. So, this is surprising. What can you tell me about foreclosures in that area.
Flag Thu May 2, 2013