Home Buying in Cranford>Question Details

ahansen1, Other/Just Looking in Cranford, NJ

Is the property above the flood plain?

Asked by ahansen1, Cranford, NJ Mon Jun 10, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3097111090-22-Hampton-Rd-Cran…

Answers

4
Tanya Papandrea’s answer
Hello. Yes this property is in the AE Flood zone and does require flood insurance. I am the listing agent. Please feel free to reach out to me via cell phone or email if you have any additional questions on this property or on Cranford. I also live in Cranford in the flood zone and would be happy to assist you in your home search in the area and could give you more information on the flood zone.

Tanya Papandrea
Towne Realty Group
tanya@trghome.com
cell: (908) 377-2554
Due to the fact that FEMA has recently amended many of the flood maps in towns such as Cranford that have multiple areas that were impaced by flooding during the recent storm my advice would be to go directly to Cranford Municipal Building and ask if they have the revised maps and take a look at the locations of the properties you are interested individually. This would be the way to obtain the most accurate information. There are some homeowners that may not be paying flood insurance currently and their listings may indicate not in a flood zone for that reason -but that does not necessarily mean that your mortgage company will not require you to carry flood insurance on the same house. You have to be very careful and do your due diligence in investigating.

If you need assistance in finding a home in Cranford, we can assist you. We have lived in Cranford for a large portion of our lives and have sold in that area for over 27 years. Please contact us directly at 732-277-8964. Michele Savage & Joanne Mordas Hallmark Realtors.
I will ask my flood insurance specialist. Do you have an email I can send you the options for flood insurance for that property? And how it would be.

I know the area pretty well so I can also help you find something if you would like to search outside of the flood zone.

Contact me I would love to help.

Melissa Silva
201-527-7313
Realestate.mel.s@gmail.com
This property is in a flood zone.
I would be happy to help you with your house search. Call or email anytime!

Best of luck,
Armin Lusinyants
917-626-9420
alusinyants@gmail.com
http://armin.yourkwagent.com