lk4home, Home Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK

Is the market receptive to contingency? Plan on listing my property in the near future, Need a realtor that will work with me on this problem.

Asked by lk4home, Oklahoma City, OK Tue Dec 3, 2013

Answers

5
Every Seller is different. Depending on the offer presented; If you allow for the Seller to leave the home on the market as an alternative could make the offer more appealing and/or have your home already listed and ready to go. It is one of those situations where "if" plays a part. Good luck.
You can always ask and see. It's more likely to be accepted once you have an offer on your home. The market slows way down during the holidays so I suggest getting your home in tip top shape. There are fewer buyers looking right now so you want to catch their attention Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Best of luck,
Bridgett Wells
Keller Williams Elite Realty
651-9320
Bridgettwells@kw.com
It depends on what the contingency terms are on whether the seller will consider it. It should be a win-win for both buyer and seller. Work with your agent and he/she should know the best route to take.
Typically most sellers will look at a contingency because there is little risk IF they are allowed to leave the home on the market and pursue other offers, which may not be best for buyer but would be for the seller. Perhaps you could negotiate a period of time where they wouldn't try and sell it to another buyer that was ready and able to close on the home. All you can do is ask.

If you need anything else, feel free to contact me any time. Buying and selling is always loads of fun! (well, sometimes).

Merry Christmas!

Russell Benson, REALTOR®
Prudential Alliance Realty
http://www.RealEstateOKC.com
405.641.4442
prudential@telepath.com
Every Seller is different and all Realtor member's should be open, unless its a HOT listing.