There is a lot to consider when looking at the "investment" potential of any property.
- Are you buying simply as an investment or is there value in your own personal use of the home as well.
- Do you plan to be there 7-10 years? The most likely point for appreciation coming out of a down market.
- Mass transit (CALTRAIN) , convenience to shopping, local employment opportunities will also add value.
- Well maintained property (good HOA mgmt) will also help to retain any invested dollars.
- Location of actual unit - Best value comes from best position in the complex.
- Lifestyle/design that will not be outdated. There is a historical and lifestyle sell with Plant 51. Many attached homes don't have that. Good for re-sale.
All things to consider and probably a couple more that I have captured here. Hope this helps.
Longer term definitely it makes sense and you will do well. I have toured the property and definitely
all the high rise developemnts down town San Jose will do well due to:
1.) Close proximity to High Tech businesses
2.) San Jose State
4.) Access to a terrific library
5.) Access to Play and Drama halls
6.) City hall and several Govt. entities
I have sold some in the High Rises there and its important to get the right views and
the level. Higher the level, better the values.
Call if you need any other help 408-656-5343
Also are 2 bedroom condos in a downtown location a better investment than a 1 bedroom or is San Jose so full of single young people that 1 bedrooms appreciate better!
In your situation, I do not know your income but I think you need a house for living,and fix with your budget ( good school, good location).That is the best investment fot first time buyer. thank you