Home Buying in Park Ridge>Question Details

jennhan, Home Buyer in Park Ridge, IL

Is the country club neighborhood in Park Ridge a very welcoming neighborhood? Are their block parties and are people friendly?

Asked by jennhan, Park Ridge, IL Sun Sep 9, 2012

Answers

4
Heidi Mergenthaler, Broker, Broker, Park Ridge, IL
The Park Ridge area is very community oriented and yes there are several block parties that happen in the later summer months. I have lived in the area and have sold real estate here for many years, raised my child here, and participate in community activities. I also run or walk daily in Park Ridge, as do many other people. I personally feel safe and welcomed. I feel it is a community where people feel "at home" in. There are many activities, a wonderful downtown area, and easy access to the city and other northshore and northern suburbs. And the Park Ridge Country Club is an elegant and great course. The forest preserves are nearby for bike riding or hiking, there is a lake nearby for fishing and trails to take a bike ride up to Ravinia. I love it here!
Feel free to call or email me with additional questions: Heidi Mergenthaler, Managing Broker
New Avenues in Real Estate, 847-334-1259 hm@NAREchicago.com.
I am curious if you ended up moving there. We are potentially buying a house in the same neighborhood and have the same exact questions. I know this is an older thread so you may not see it but if you do I am curious to see if you did end up moving there.
Good Morning, Jenn- You have asked one of the most difficult questions that is asked of us Realtors! I can say one thing for certain- Park Ridge is a beautiful city, filled with a diverse mix of people and culture. The best way to get a feel for a certain area is to take a walk around the block where you'd like to purchase a home. Strike up conversation with your "would- be" neighbors and I'm sure you'll find that most people are more than happy to make you feel right at home. If you have any addtional questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 773-988-1710.

Kindly,
Stewart Ramirez, CDPE
Re/Max Center
Cell: (773) 988-1710
http://www.VueHouses.com