Home Buying in Wilmington>Question Details

Gkingjafi, Home Buyer in Wilmington, DE

Is the area of East 10th Street a good area to purchase a section 8 investment property?

Asked by Gkingjafi, Wilmington, DE Mon Jan 2, 2012

I am a first time investor and my realtor came across a turn-key property on East 10th Street for a very cheap price. The price is so low, I could buy cash. I plan on renting out section 8, and I believe the property is already a section 8 rental. I know this isnt the greatest area; but, would it make for a great investment property if the price is right?

Answers

2
Larry gave the best advise.
Realtors follow strict Code of Ethics, Business Ethics and are held higher standard of Professionalism.

Just a FYI; Make sure you check out the requirements for owning a rental property and becoming a landlord in the City of Wilmington. Extremely important...
Any comment made by a Realtor on this matter could get them in hot water so I dont think you will get many replies. Talk with the Realtor who found you the house, if for some reason you do not trust the Realtor on this matter ask their Broker this question. Sorry I could not be of more help, good luck.