Home Buying in Louisville>Question Details

Wes Black, Real Estate Pro in Louisville, KY

Is the Louisville housing market in the sweet spot?

Asked by Wes Black, Louisville, KY Sun Mar 18, 2012

Stabilizing home prices and interest rates under 4%. I say YES.

Answers

4
Louisville is indeed in the sweet spot. Lenders a little more eager to lend, interest rates at record lows, and home prices have stabilized in many areas of the city. Buyers should seriously consider buying now.
Housing market depends in a particular area depends on the economy and jobs and interest rates. Interest rates are it its lowest. I see that economic conditions are improving in KY better than US on an average. Check this link out.

http://www.indeed.com/local/Louisville-KY-jobs

While we are not at the best, we are definitely recovering faster.
As long as you see that happening, you see a good housing market.
That is a very broad question Wes. Are you asking about buyers, sellers or investors? There are definitely areas where sellers can once again get a return on investment and there are also areas where sellers will be lucky to break even. It is still a buyers market and yes interest rates are awesome, so there are some great buys out there. I think we are definitely on the upswing but the "sweet spot" at this point, in my opinion is dependant on being well informed on either side of a deal.
It depends...while I agree with the previous answer and feel that the market is improving gradually, I also see a glut of homes on the market & a significant amount of REO/Foreclosure/Short Sale propeties. If you're an investor, this is very positive. If you're a first time buyer with good credit and can qualify for one of the many programs that are out there, this is also very positive. If your credit is not good, unfortunately, you are going to miss out on some great deals! A sweet spot is there for those who can take advantage of it! YES!