Home Buying in Hot Springs>Question Details

Kat, Home Buyer in Hot Springs, AR

Is the HUD $100 down payment program still available in Arkansas?

Asked by Kat, Hot Springs, AR Mon May 23, 2011

I'm interested in purchasing a HUD home using an FHA loan, and I would like to utilize the $100 down program if it's still available... can someone tell me if it's still around for Arkansas?

Answers

3
Julann Carney (501) 258-4779’s answer
Kat,
The $100 HUD down payment program is still technically available although the quality of homes for that program can be marginal at best. Another solution to home buying with a first time home buyer loan would be to take advantage of the Arkansas Development Finance Authority's home buyer program. You can learn basic information on this program at: http://www.state.ar.us/adfa/; for specific income limits on the American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) please look at: http://www.state.ar.us/adfa/programs/American%20Dream%20Down…
These programs work with home buyers to assist with down payment & closing cost assistance. It works as a 2nd mortgage which is forgived after 5 years of continuous home ownership & payments being made. Its a wonderful program which allows individuals to purchase home for little out of pocket expenses. You will still need to be prepared for paying for an appraisal ($350-$450) which is typically credited back to you at closing as part of your closing costs. And, you should also have funds set aside for a home inspection ($150-$300 depending on the size of the home).
Another great loan program is the USDA Rural Development loan program. Specific property can be eligible for this type of loan if it meets certain criteria. These loans do not require a down payment & do not have a mortgage insurance premium which can literally save you thousands of dollars for the 1st 10 years of home ownership.
Any local mortgage company should be able to provide you with specific information about these loan programs. Both of these loan programs have worked for several of my clients.
If I can help you with any other advise, please feel free to contact me.
Best of luck in your pursuit of the American Dream of homeownership!
Julann Carney
Hi, Kat. Its a great time to buy. There are tons of homes on the market. If you would like to give me a call I would love to help you in the home buying process and answer any questions you have. Thanks.

Nikki Reed, Realtor
501-276-2640
Kat - actually the best thing would be to use the USDA Loan which is very similar but can be done with $0 down! Send me an email to HunterRay.Realtor@gmail.com to learn more. Thanks, Hunter