Home Buying in Littleton>Question Details

askovira, Home Buyer in Littleton, CO

Is the Columbine Hills/Knolls area family friendly?

Asked by askovira, Littleton, CO Wed Jul 17, 2013

We are looking the Columbine Hills and Columbine Knolls neighborhoods. The borders that we are looking at would be Bowles-Platte Canyon-C-470-Wadsworth.

We really like the homes specifically in the Columbine Knolls (south?) neighborhood but it doesn't look like there are many families with kids in this area. In fact, my grandparents used to live there 10 years ago and I recall it being all older people. Does anyone live in the neighborhood or know anyone who does and can confirm the demographics? We definitely don't want to move anywhere where our daughter (7 years old) won't have any other kids nearby. We drove around the area and didn't see many people out and about, but the few that we saw were older.

Any other neighborhood suggestions? I would like to stick near light rail access as I work downtown. Our max price would be ~$300K.

Answers

12
The houses in Columbine Hills are really cool. There are a lot of the modern- mid century style homes (which I personally love) that are rare to find elsewhere in the Littleton area. I also have a 7 year old and he went to the preschool in Columbine Hills. Most of the kids he went to school with lived in the neighborhood. He has also met a bunch of friends from baseball and other activities that live in the Columbine Hills neighborhood. It might just take some looking, block to block to see where there would be a good amount of kiddos for neighbors! The schools are good and the area is great for commuting. Let me know if I can help you find a house in the neighborhood or anywhere else in the borders you are wanting. I would love to work with you. --Heather Barone
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 26, 2013
I have enjoyed living in Littleton for the past 17 years, and it was rated Best Place to Raise Kids in 2011-2012. Our son is in the Littleton Public School system and we have been very impressed with his education, he is now a freshman at Heritage High School. Columbine Hills and Columbine Knolls are just two of the many family friendly neighborhoods in Littleton. Please call me if you need help with your Littleton Real Estate needs. Cheers, Jan Baer Broker Owner/Realtor BAER Realty LLC 303-931-5853
I was raised in Columbine Knolls and live only 5 miles east of there now still in Littleton. I know it to be populated by all demographics. From the empty-nesters to the families starting out. I may be a bit biased, but growing up in Columbine was truly a wonderful thing. I have so many fond memories and would't trade it for the world! Normandy Elementary School was and remains a wonderful neighborhood school and it is nestled right in the heart of the neighborhood. Worth checking out, I promise! I have been selling homes in Littleton for over 30 years and Columbine is my specialty. Call me directly, Jeff Hansen (303)794-4530.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2014
Askovira
The neighborhood is changing...folks there are down sizing so you will see many more young families moving there. Another popular area is Coventry but quite a bit more expensive. Not crazy about Columbine HIls tho'
Location, Location, Location!! Family friendly, great schools, parks, activities for all ages, close to Light Rail, Shopping and restaurants, easy access to C-470, it just doesn't get any better than this!
I recently SOLD a house on S Jay Dr and the Family absolutely LOVE living here!! :)
Please call me if I may help, cheers Jan 303-931-5853
Wow! Thanks for all the info and suggestions!
By the way, have you heard about the FREE down payment cash that you never have to pay back when buying a house (limited time only)?

If you're curious, email me back at morinrealty@gmail.com.
Flag Thu Jul 18, 2013
I have lived in the Columbine area for over 30 years. It is definitely kid friendly. The number of students at the area schools attests to that! Drive by the public area pools on any summer afternoon and there would be your answer! In your budget, there are a couple of other subdivisions that would also work. I would be more than happy to talk this over with you. Call me at 303-973-2372.
I have a new listing coming up in that area and they have two kids. I would be happy to talk with you about it. (Columbine South) It will be out of your price range though.
Columbine Hills and knolls are wonderful neighborhoods. Yes there is an older demographic, but you will also find some young families. It is a great location and there are wonderful schools. If you would like I could send you some listings of what is available in the area. Also if you would like you can sign up on my website to get new listing alerts emailed to you automatically when they hit the market. My website is http://www.highpinesrealty.com/ . Would love to help you guys. If you have any questions please give me a call at 303-545-5255.

Hope to talk to you soon!

Margie Teufel

Keller Williams High Pines Realty
mteufel@kw.com
Both of these areas are nice areas to raise a family! Although this is an older, more established area, there are still young families with children in these neighborhoods.

Neighborhoods I would suggest in addition to Columbine Knolls and Columbine Hills are: Governor's Ranch Powderhorn, Westgold Meadows, and Williamsburg.

I would be happy to help you with your home buying experience and/or answer any questions you might have. Feel free to email me at cyndi@cyndishomesource.com or call me at 720-771-8873. My office is located in downtown Littleton, and I can meet with you at your convenience to get the process started and show you some homes that meet your needs.

Cyndi Mota
Colorado Home Realty
720-771-8873
Columbine West and Stony Creek that are West of Columbine Knolls might be options too? A little further out from the light rail but still close.
Hi Askovira,

There is a VERY popular neighborhood pool where a LOT of the neighborhood kids come together during the summer to meet. It's a great place to meet kids in the neighborhood. The biggest question will be price as $300,000 may not get the home you are looking for there.

Leawood is another great possibility.

Email me at morinrealty@gmail.com and I'd be happy to help you further!

Joel