Home Buying in Sunnyside>Question Details

Zohir Zahan, Home Buyer in Sunnyside, Queens, NY

Is sunnyside better than the woodside community or vixe versa? What are your opinions?

Asked by Zohir Zahan, Sunnyside, Queens, NY Wed Apr 29, 2009

I want a house in either sunnyside or woodside but i am thinking about the community, so what are your opinions?

Answers

7
Mariposa’s answer
Sunnyside is a very nice and convenient neighborhood. Lots of transportation options (7 train, Q32 and Q60 buses to manhattan, Q39 along 48th avenue to LIC, BQE, LIE, Queens-Midtown, etc). There are lots of irish bars, great restuarants, coffeehouses, markets, everything you could want. I find myself not going into manhattan unless i've been invited to a party or something. There's no need. However, if you depend on public transport, you're out of luck. the 7 is very slow and stops and starts constantly, and it breaks down much more often than it should, especially in summer, and that creates delays for a few hours afterwards (they don't get their act together very quickly). Since we have no express stop, I often see 3 express trains going into Manhattan and at least 4 trains going in the direction of Flushing before just 1 local train to manhattan arrives at 46th street. And now the MTA wants to cut service. The Straphangers survey will try to tell you the 7 train is the second best train in the system, but that is a big lie if you actually have to use it.

In a few days, I am moving to Woodside on the R,V line. I'll let you know how it goes.
Hello Zohir,

Congratulation!

As a RE Agent we are here to guide you in this process. If you want to learn more about those neighborhoods, please feel free to get an account with LISTINGBOOK. This is one of the tools we REALTORS use to educate our clients with the MARKET of their desired neighborhood. Listingbook has a NEW tab called COMMUNITY INFORMATION. My other buyers like it very much besides knowing the property you are also learning about the neighborhood.

If you need any more information ,please feel free to contact me. Goodluck on your search.
I'm glad to see the responses by private individuals. As a NYS licensed real estate professional (and speaking for many licensees) we would not be able to answer directly because it may be considered descriminatory. We are regulated by the NYS dept of state and as such, we simply cannot discriminate for any reason.

The best way for you to know about any neighborhood is to visit it by day and night. Get a "feel" for it. Take a walk around, have a meal, talk to locals, do some shopping.

A good follow up would be to look at any Realtor's website for property in the desired areas. Most sites will have links to demographics, schools, etc. These two areas are neighbors to each other. Both are fairly close to Manhattan and if you work in the city, you can gauge your ride in.

Best of luck with you search.
it's your personal opinion. Whatever advice i will give you will be subjective just like other responses that you received. By the way, i have no clue about either of these neighbohoods.
I prefer Woodside along the R, V trains... It's more convenient for my commute. The 7 train is too local and slow.
You should find the answer.
Already you are living in Sunnyside which is very close to Woodside.
You need to compare them by yourself!
I am here to help you if you want to buye a property in Woodside or Sunnyside.
It's a matter of what you like in either community, and deciding which is better suited for your needs.

Anna