Home Buying in Livermore>Question Details

Kevin S., Home Buyer in Livermore, CA

Is ~$300/sq ft a reasonable amount in Livermore in this market today ?

Asked by Kevin S., Livermore, CA Mon Jul 8, 2013

Answers

8
There is a lot af variation in the sold price per square foot in Livermore, even in the last 3 months. For 3/2's it has been be as low as $196 and as high as $495. The average since 5/01/2013 is $344.30 per square foot (based on a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home). So, given the condition and specific location of the property, $300 per square foot could be reasonable for a Livermore home.
Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions, or would like more property specific information.

Paula Cavagnaro
Livermore Real Estate Services
Yes... and even more. Reasonable doesn't exist in this market. You have to play to gain.
Livermore has a limited number in this price range...are you considering a house with large acreage lot or do you want a home in a neighborhood and not so rural...I know a couple not on the market but might be willing to allow you to see it should you feel they meet your needs. One is the largest model in Sevillano if I recall correctly let me know if you have any interest in me checking with the owners to see if they will allow you to see their home
Michael
Myeastbayhouses@gmail.com
Thanks all ... Appreciate the $362 average answer, also looking at the latest sales ... I am looking at homes in the $1.0 to $2.0m range. There's only a few nice ones out there.
I have one that looks like a castle that hasn't come on the MLS yet and the agent has told me she would show it to me first..........It has a backyard that looks like disneyland. NO JOKE!
Flag Wed Aug 7, 2013
As stated below, it depends on what you want and where you want it. The overall average price pre square for active single family homes in Livermore is $362.84. There are, however, 24 active properties ranging between $229 - $299 square foot. Condo and Townhouse numbers are typically a bit lower.
Depends on the property and the exact location. Email me the property and I'll be glad to help you.
That's a very subjective question Kevin. So much depends upon the neighborhood, the age and condition of the house, in addition to the size of the house and the lot. Looking at averages so far this year for Livermore, 3 bed, 2 bath houses with lot sizes of 5000-8000 sq. ft have an average sold price per square foot of $338. It's usually advisable to inspect that type of information in more detail with comps for the specific neighborhood you're considering. You can always contact me directly if you have additional questions.
Yes most likely...seems on the low side but I don't know the property location or condition but over all at $300 per sq. ft would typically be a great value