marlin, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Is purchasing a townhouse in 77009 a good idea for a first time home buyer working downtown?

Asked by marlin, Houston, TX Mon Jun 10, 2013

Answers

5
Essentially ... "If it feels good, do it." Each buyer has his/her own priorities, and if a townhome works for you, so be it.

The major caveat is that they're not quite as easy to sell ... and for precisely the reason that you want to purchase one. The pool of potential buyers is limited, and there tends to be a fair amount of them on the market at any given time.

Step 1 is to sit down with a lender and get yourself pre-approved. Then the hunt begins. The process can be daunting to first-time buyers, but I've worked with dozens of them, and will be happy to help in any way I can. Please feel free to get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Cheyenne,

First time buyers always have a lot of questions when purchasing. What kind of financing should I get, do I need to hire an inspector, is there low crime in the area, etc.... It would be a good idea to hire an experience Realtor to assist you with this and many other questions that are sure to come up!

Purchasing in general is better than renting in the Houston area. Is one area "good" VS another area is a hard question to answer here because there are so many variables. If the price is good, your commute is short and you like the property, then sure it is a "good idea". However, try to think beyond these easy to answer question and think about resale factors, your ability to upkeep the property and future needs with a possibly growing family.

Let us know if we can assist you as we work with many first time home buyers. We look forward to hearing from you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hello Cheyenne,

What are your priorities in choosing any area? Is it commute, certain amenities that you must have where you live, schools, etc.? Access to downtown will definitely be an advantage.

Have you talked with a lender to find out what amount of loan you will be pre-approved for? That might help with your decision too, knowing what your budget is and what your monthly payments will be approximately.

You may have a lot of questions on the transaction process. I will be happy to answer any questions and tell you more about this process. Please have a realtor represent you as a buyer - this is at no cost to you.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
http://www.har.com/persis
I'd say it wasn't a bad idea depending on your specific circumstances. Every Buyer is different, and there are many factors in determining what is best for you. Please feel free to email me, or give me a call tomorrow, and we can duscuss your options.

Truly,

Brandon Newton
Master Certified Negotiation Expert
713-890-9108
Well its hard to say what a "good idea" means... It's becoming more popular for downtown workers to live inside the loop. Feel free to contact me and can discus your needs and figure out what options are out there for you.

Talk soon,

Kevin Sechelski
832.545.5503
Contact@HouseHuntingHouston.com