Home Buying in McKinney>Question Details

Jojo, Home Buyer in McKinney, TX

Is property value of Virginia Hills in Mckinney affected by Aero Country airport? Is there any new expansion? Is it noisy nearby this airport ?Thanks

Asked by Jojo, McKinney, TX Sat Feb 18, 2012

I notice that many people are trying to sell their properties in the Virginia Hills subdivision of Mckinney, is there any relationship with the Aero Country airport?
Was there any complaints by the residents here about Aero Country airpor? noise?

Answers

7
Hi Jojo,
That is a great question. From the builder persective, the airport has been no problem at all. We had a very successful community, that recently closed out, directly across the street from Aero Country. And, we have a new community that we have developed on the West side of the airport called Fossil Creek at WestRidge. Our homes here will range from the $170's through the $220's. If you'd like information on Fossil Creek, please email me privately, and I will be happy to get you the details.
SLRambo@DRHorton.com
Sharon :)
I have a pilot friend who lives in Virginia Hills who specifically chose that neighborhood for the access to Aero Country Airport. One person's negative aspect is another's positive.

Several times, we've been at sports practices in the neighborhood park, only to find ourselves focused on the touch-and-go's at Aero Country moreso than what was going on with the sporting event. If you are an aircraft lover, chances are you'll appreciate this neighborhood and the amenities that surround it.

Have a blessed day!
Ronda
Jojo,
If you are concerned about the airport, and you are planning to buy a home, please know that there are other great neighborhoods nearby that you can consider. Research indicates that homes in the Virginia Hills subdivision that have sold over the past 6-months include 21 homes priced from $103k - $167k, more than half of them sold between $120k-$160k but there were a few foreclosures in there priced less, and of course a few homes sold for more than $160k. If you would like information about other neighborhoods in McKinney that sell in this price range, please let me know. I would be happy to send you a free list of homes available.

Happy House Hunting!

Melissa Hailey
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
North Texas Top Team, Realtors
214-418-0180
Melissa.Hailey@ColdwellBanker.com
The airport expansion really relates to the addition of Live-Work style condos. The airport has been established for many years, and is home to small aircraft only. Virginia Hills neighborhood has traditionaly been a neighborhood that experiences a higher churn rate. Many homeowners are first time buyers, and eventually sell and move up to a higher price point
Friend recently sold his home never had any problems. Noise airport has limited amount of traffic vs. Love Field or DFW which many of the communities which close to these major airports are the most luxury areas in DFW . Additional listing for McKinney homes for sale

McKinney homes for sale by owner Mckinney TX
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5057188

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hi JoJo-

Yes the home values in that area have been affected, BUT, as you can see, new homes are still being built at a rapid pace, especially off Independence. Since the expansion on the East side of the airport is nearing completion, it will add a larger runway and additional planes-traffic.

The airport has been around for over 40 years, is small and still privately owned. The majority of the pilots are part-time joy flyers but there are flight instructors as well offering lessons. There are also a few sky diving groups the base from that airport. If you would like more information on the airport I would suggest going to their website http://www.aerocountry.org and there is a separate link to the expansion project.

As a realtor, when I sell or bring a buyer in Virginia Hills, I have to adjust the comps to reflect the airport, no matter what the size of the airport. This holds true for new construction, but the builders are selling just fine.

If you are a homeowner in that subdivision, feel free to text or email me and I will be happy to provide you with a free market analysis and show you the history of the comps and assist you in the sale of your home or any advice I can provide. Don't let this be a deterrent for you, because homes are still selling in that subdivision.

Sherry Renfroe
Ebby Halliday Realtors
Text or Talk (214) 215-4145
sherryrenfroe@ebby.com
http://www.sherryrenfroe.com
Unless there are expansion plans that I am not aware of, the airport is primarily for small private planes which make little noise. The flight path is also not over the subdivision. If I can help with either your sale or purchase, give me a call at 469 688-3453