stephen webb…, Real Estate Pro in ,

Is property appreciating in the Seattle area? When is a good time to buy?

Asked by stephen webber, , Thu Mar 28, 2013

It's a great time to buy, property values have been increasing over the last 12 months and interest rates have stayed low..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 11, 2014
As you have probably seen over the last year that property in the Seattle area has appreciated nicely. It should continue to do so over the next few years as well, so now is as good a time as ever to buy. If you are still looking to buy I would be more than happy to provide more information for you and help you find the right place for you
This is a great time to buy in the area. With rates coming down a lilt bit. The average price in the area is up about 12% year over year. I expect that we will continue to see appreciation. I do not expect to see it continue at a rate of 12%. Realistically I expect us to see an average appreciation in the area of around 4%-5%.

If you are considering buying now would be a good time. We are starting to see a little more inventory and prices become a little softer. The market usually slows down about now. Sometimes we get a little rush in September and October. By the time the holidays come around it can be a little slow. Sometimes this is the best time to buy. There are less buyers looking at this time.
If you are a good candidate for buying a house, the best time is now because both prices & interest are on their way up & homes will be less affordable in the near future.

I am both a loan officer & a real estate broker & if you would like to have a free consultation with me about what buying now or later might look like, I would be happy to talk with you. Just contact me directly.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
Web Reference: http://tristarfinance.com
Here's the catch, there is more to buying than just the financial aspect. Buying today or yesterday which may have been statistically better, but buying the wrong home or in the wrong location may be a mistake. Yes, values are rising for the first time in years. If most the projections I read are correct, people who buy today and hang on to it for a while will be glad they did, but you need to find the right house, in the right location under the right circumstances for you.
If the only consideration is financial and you are ready, willing able and qualified, then today is better than tomorrow and yesterday was better than today. Prices are going up, inventory is down. Rates are near all time lows, which make affordability fantastic.
Just don't get caught up in a frenzy. Do your homework, make informed choices and know what you want. You will also need an agent to work with that you can trust and will position your offer(s) in such a way as to be successful when the time comes.
I hope this was helpful.
Lyng Chu, Broker, Bothell, WA

In addition to it being a great time to buy, it's also a very good time to obtain financing at still low interest rates. Properties in Seattle and the surrounding area have been steadily increasing since the beginning of the year. Add to that, interest rates are predicted to increase as the year progresses. Ultimately, this could mean that if you waited, you'd not only pay more for a property straight off, but the financing would also cost you more in the long run. Therefore, as you venture into your search for a property it's also highly advisable that you consult with a reputable lender to have a clear picture of your financial position and how interest rates may impact any prospective purchase of a property.

Thanks for your question, and best of luck in your property search and purchase,