justlooking, Home Buyer in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Is price negotiable in a land contract?

Asked by justlooking, Cuyahoga Falls, OH Wed Feb 20, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3060387128-2084-Pinebrook-Trl…

Answers

3
Asbolutely. Purchasing a home on a land contract is pretty much excatly the same as purchasing a home traditionally. The only difference is the seller will in essence "be your mortgage company" for a period of time (the contract period). Then you would go to another lender to obtain the funds to re-finance and pay off the prior seller. I will tell you that sellers that offer a home on a land contract are typically more guarded and strict on their terms.
All aspects of your Land Contract are negotiable until both parties reach an agreement. Including Price, Term, Financing Amortization, Down Payment. I hope I was of some assistance.
Prices are negotiable on all asking prices of vacant land unless the owner is very firm on his asking price. It basically depends on the seller if the price is firm at asking or if he will negotiate.