Home Buying in Bridgeport>Question Details

Susan Walker, Home Buyer in Wardsboro, VT

Is our Ct. negotiator ripping us off by earning 20% of our offered price? We learned this from the banks acceptance letter to him.

Asked by Susan Walker, Wardsboro, VT Wed Jun 8, 2011

Answers

4
Sounds like a short sale "investor" is involved. Is this a transaction where the "negotiator" is first buying the property and then you are buying from him? A short sale flip?
Otherwise that amount is not possible. Negotiating short sales in CT has a maximum payment legally of $500.
Web Reference: http://www.homesbyminna.com
Not enought information.....by Ct. negotiator, do you mean lawyer? Did you not go through a Realtor? We are paid a portion albeit small of the 5 % paid by the seller, not the buyer!!
Hello Susan,
I'm in agreement with Mark in that more information is required to fully understand your question as it relates to your situation. Please, could you explain further?
Thanks!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Before I pass judgement, I would be interested in learning more about your situation. Feel free to call my office. Marc Caldarone 2032271246. I am the brokerage manager of the William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty Office in Westport, CT.