Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Nadia, Home Buyer in Deerfield Beach, FL

Is north miami (east of dixie), Hallandale (just byHWY 95 east side near winn dixie),Hollywood by McTyre park,good safe area for snowbird retreat?

Asked by Nadia, Deerfield Beach, FL Thu Sep 6, 2012

North miami, Hallandale Hollywood, MCtyre park

Answers

9
Only you can decide which areas are good for you; your Miami real estate agent cannot make that decision. You can check statistics for North Miami at: http://www.cityrating.com

To find available homes in North Miami, go to this site: http://properties.jablonteam.com/904421w/index.php?main=city…

Marc Jablon, the Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Nadia, Realtors are working with EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY with no discrimination at all and your question can't anwer by any of those.
Hi Nadia,

Realtors are prohibited from steering clients to or away from a particular neighborhood and from discussing or discriminating in housing by race, religion, sexual orientation, familial status, age, gender, national origins under the Civil Rights Act.

This is why you find the answers not particularly satisfying. From what you say you are looking for, I'd suggest the Florida gulf coast, too. You should consider to visit, so you get a feel for the area.

Also, Google Street View can be a very helpful tool to explore and unknown area.

Ania Lenzholzer
Coldwell Banker Residential RE
The further west you go, the less expensive generally. There are enclaves that are very safe and we recommend buying in South Florida, as the market value is currently very good, while still 27% below the peak in 2006.
Nadia... if I were looking for what you're describing, particularly at that price ... I'd check on the gulf coast of Florida. Maybe North Port? Best of luck, and sorry to be expanding your search area.
To help define what is good for me:

Well, I spoke with agent and seems they cant tell me what community lives in areas i look at...
I find it hard to believe that I should buy without getting info on areas and community. (especially many of the unit are short sale and ahve no pics of inside)
Which is why Im trying through this medium. MId thirties white female middle class professional, looking for safe somewhat clean area where the unit (condo or house) can be left unattended for months. Prices had me check in deerfield but seems the area price that fitted my budget werent taht great. So now looking Hollywood and hallandale and even FOrt lauderdale.

Cash buyer expecting to get small unit around 25-30$. Can be somewhat fixer upper (although no structural aspect) So evidently I dont expect the moon but dont want to get mug at night (or have to hide in the condo!) I would buy for me, parents, and family(no kids). Do not need excitement jsut want to be as close to the beach as my budget allows i.e as close as A1 I can but more likely between hwy 95 and hwa A1. Preferalby 2-3 miles but could allow up to 6-7 miles. Dont mind if area is quiet actually prefer it.

Already using trulia and school rank to help but... doesnt tell me what kind of community lives there. Basically good for me is safe, clean and that Im not the only white professional female there (dont want to attract attention). As close to the beach as budget permits and can be left unattended witout gettting robbed, or vandalized.

Any inpputs appreciated as I am looking at 2-3 units in that area
Hi Nadia,
Areas usually east are closer to the water are a little expensive, but overall are safe. You can look up crime statistics in these areas and make your decision. For further detail you may reach out to me and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
954-404-4646
Crime statistics are available and are fairly easy to find, one place to look is http://www.city-data.com

As far as good... what is good for you may be perceived as completely opposite by someone else. What, in your opinion, has to be there or what must be absent for a place to be good?

Gene Kromo / 305-606-7534 / gene@kromo.com
Realtor / Global Luxury Realty
Generally, ost areas east of I-95 and more so E of US1 and the coastal areas are great and get more expensive the closer to the water.