Donnakerslak…, Home Buyer in Clifton, NJ

Is livingston in a flood zone? Also, what does the town have to offer?

Asked by Donnakerslake2000, Clifton, NJ Fri Apr 12, 2013

Answers

5
Parts of Livingston have brooks and channels (for water run-off) in the lower sections (e.g. Falcon Road area of Collins) and may require flood insurance. Most of Livingston is not in a flood zone, however. It is a township comprised of roughly 14 square miles with about 30,000 residents.

Livingston has much to offer. It has everything you would want in they way of great shops, a major department-store mall, office parks, restaurants and cultural activities including The Livingston Symphony Orchestra, Livingston Community Players and Children's Theatre. Riker Hill has the Riker Hill Art Park and there is a dog park nearby. St. Barnabas is a top-notch, teaching hospital located right in the heart of Livingston. The new Town Center has town homes, single family homes, shops and restaurants all within a European Village setting.

Livingston is home to Newark Academy, Aquinas Academy and Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy (all private). Livingston High School is one of the highest rated in the state and it has a beautiful, college-style campus which has undergone extensive renovations in recent years. It even has an indoor swimming pool.

If you would like to know more info about what homes are available in Livingston, do enter the zip code 07039 into this website form: http://www.WhatsMyNJHomeWorth.com It is a no-obligation look at what homes are on the market, going under contract and recently sold and a lot of other useful information.
I do hope I have been of help. If you think so, please give me a thumbs up.

Sandra Bolcar
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Village Square
973-744-7722
Some parts of Livingston are designated as flood zones by FEMA. What has the town to offer? If you have school age children, one of the best school districts in NJ; it has a housing stock of many values, good town services, pleasant atmosphere, proximity to great shopping (Livingston and Short Hills malls and local boutiques), plenty of places to have a good meal and last, but no least, easy access to New York City by bus.
Even if I am now in another part of New Jersey, I have been servicing the area for more than 20 years, I very much like it and thought I would give you my answer too
Regards..>
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 13, 2013
Hi Donna!

Some houses in Livingston may be located in a designated flood zone, and the mortgage company/bank will the require you to buy flood insurance. It vaires, as does the cost.
I always have the status checked when showing any homes in the areas that might be affected.
Please know that the property, or part of the property, may be in the flood zone, but not the house itself....therefore, insurance may not be required.

As far as what the town has to offer?
Well - pull up a chair!

Having lived in Livingston for 22 years (working in town for 28 years), and raising my son here from first grade through high school, I certainly know it well and what it has to offer!!

What I like best is that............ it really has something for everyone!

Just to list some of the many attractions:

1. Highly ranked schools - please check my website for links to specific school information
2. Recreation - 2 town pools and many (year round and summer) recreational activities for children - also - a fabulous public Library (built only a few years ago - it's beautiful!)
3 The famous "Oval" - a 1/2 mile track located in front of the high school where, no matter what the weather is, there will always be people walking or jogging - so if you like to exercise - join in!
4. Great restaurants - pick a type of food (try the Ritz, Thavmos or Baumgarts, just to name a few), and you can find it here - have it delivered, too
5. You can grocery shop (Kings & Shop Rite), have your nails or hair done, grab a frozen yogurt (2 new places opened in the last 6 months), stop by an old fashioned hardware store, swim at the YMCA, hop on a bus to Manhattan or the new jitney to the train, and do pretty much anything else you want, ALL without leaving town!

Oh, and as a Realtor, of course, I have to mention that the variety of home prices can make it a very affordable choice, too!
You can buy an "entry" level home, and move "up" several times without having to move out!

I could go on and on......but I won't!!

In case you're interested - I wrote a blog on "How to spend a day in Livingston" which many people have found informative and fun to read.
Please visit my website and take a look.

Hope this gives you a better sense of what Livingston has to offer you!!
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions............

Best wishes...........

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
http://www.LivingstonAgent.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 12, 2013
Hi Donna,
As others mentioned, most of the Livingston is not in the flood zone and an agent would be able to tell you if the house you are interested in is within the zone. Livingston has a lot to offer - great schools, downtown, highway access and art ( Riker Hill Art Park, Livingston Symphony Orchestra etc.).

I think that Livingston attracts many home buyers due to the 3 main reasons - easy commute to New York, schools and relatively low property tax rate (for the Essex county).

Here is some more info on the town:

http://armin.yourkwagent.com/atj/user/AdditionalGetAction.do…
http://www.livingstonnj.org/

I would be happy to assist you with your home search in Livingston and all of the surrounding neighborhoods.

All the best!
Armin Lusinyants
http://armin.kwrealty.com/
917-626-9420
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 12, 2013
Livingston is a great town. Some homes require flood insurance but most don't. It has a great downtown with lots of stores, restaurants, little boutiques and an easy commute to NYC.
The schools are highly ranked and there are parks, diverse population and close proximity to rt. 10 and rt. 280.

If this town interest you you can visit their website to find out more information about all it offers.

It would be our team's pleasure to assist you in locating a great home in Livingston or other nice towns in the area.

Karen Abramson
Keller Williams suburban realty
917-294-0356
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 12, 2013