Home Buying in Leesburg>Question Details

Cathyrgeorge, Home Buyer in Leesburg, VA

Is legrace terrace north east leesburg safe to live?

Asked by Cathyrgeorge, Leesburg, VA Fri Aug 2, 2013

Answers

3
The question is too subjective for anyone to answer for you, but I recommend you make your own decision by tapping into a number of resources. 1. As previously mentioned, the local police are a good resource. For the county, that's the Loudoun County Sherriffs office, but in Leesburg (where this property is) it would be the Leesburg Town Police. I'd open the dialog by asking if there is an active neighborhood watch in the area where the property is and then asking if you can get copies of the notes from those meetings. 2. Both police departments report to crimereports.com so I recommend checking out that site. 3. Also, when visiting, look at the area... are people hanging out in street corners, what do the cars look like, do you see overcrowding, trash in the street, etc? Talk to neighbors. You'd be surprised just how much looking at those things will tell you. 4. This property has HOA and I think they have a web site- check to see if you can find copies of recent meeting minutes and/or call the management office and request that information. I hope these suggestions are helpful. If you need more assistance please feel free to contact me directly ~ 703-669-3142 or MyAgentVicky@GMail.com
Hi Cathy, I totally understand your desire to know the area. I tell my customers to check the web for basic crime rates in a particular area. Also the Sheriff's office is a good backup.

Good Luck and if I can help just let me know.

Beth Seifart
Keller Williams Realty - Leesburg, VA
Hi Cathy,

The REALTOR Code of Ethics prohibits agents from commenting on buyer/renter criteria such as schools and safety. Community demographics are easily obtainable and I always recommend reaching out to the local Sheriff's office to discuss

Personally I owned and lived on McArthur Ter in Potomac Station and enjoyed it very much.

Please feel free to reach out to me at anytime if you'd like to talk about what you're looking to do!
Lisa

Lisa Moroniak | REALTOR® | Service360°
SFR® - Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified
Phone: 703-635-0388
http://www.LisaMoroniak.com
Licensed in VA