Momma, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

Is it wise to buy a Sheridan station condo because of location?

Asked by Momma, Washington, DC Sat Nov 3, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3079101270-320-60th-St-NE-Was…

Answers

3
Hi Momma,

is it wise to buy a condo at Sheridan station? I believe that is up to individual buyer to determine but what i can tell you is that this area is going through some significant development with a lot more to come. i think a lot of factors come into play for purchasing a condo. will it provide enough space for you and your family now and in the future. are you comfortable with the condo fee? i can you tell it has a concierge service along with underground parking available.

Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.
Does Sheridan station also include town homes, or is it just condos?
Flag Sat Mar 21, 2015
I would advise against Sheridan Station in particular. I don't live there and have never been inside, so I can't speak on the condos itself, but I have lived in that area for 11 months and I can't wait for my lease to be up at the end of this month. Please believe me when I say it is not worth buying due to its location because its just so dangerous despite the heavy police presence. It looks really nice, but every day I pass by it I wonder to myself who would spend money here? Do your research and visit the area at night and you will see what I mean! Now if you are from the area and already know what to expect that I would say go for it.
Hello Momma. How are you? Yes it is wise to buy a Sheridan Station Condo because of its location. DC Real Estate Market is a red hot Sellers Market. While some real estate markets are still recovering,DC Real Estate Market is going up in prices because many people are looking to buy a house in DC. Also more condos are being built in areas in DC such as The Village of Dakota Crossings-334 units,The Cardozo which will be two blocks from U St Metro Station and 460 New York Ave on Mt.Vernon Triangle just to name a few new DC projects currently being built.

If you are in the market to buy a DC Condo for sale,please dont hesitate to give me a call-202-378-0283. Thank you very much. Have a great weekend. Take care.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
But, is this a smart investment considering the neighborhood? Not many restaurants a, shops, and the low income area of Anacostia. My 24 year old daughter wants to buy there.
Flag Sat Nov 3, 2012