Home Buying in Clifton>Question Details

Atk, Home Buyer in Clifton, VA

Is it true, under FHA loan provision of Escrow is not possible towards some repair done by the seller?

Asked by Atk, Clifton, VA Wed Jun 3, 2009

Answers

2
Patrick Samson’s answer
Hey Atk and all FHA buyers,

The best place to find answers to all your government loan questions is at http://www.HUD.gov

If you have additional questions, contact your local lender. In the Clfton, Va. area I use Chris Kelly at Properity Mortgage at 571 217-7939.

Best of luck!!!

Pat Samson
Hello Atk,

This is more of an underwriting issue, and not really an FHA issue. It will vary from lender to lender. Most want everything done before you settle. It should not be a deal breaker with the right combination of lender, agents and closing attorney. You need to work on things like this right from the start, as with most FHA loans.

I have a question for Atk - There are some very good questions here from you, but most are centered on the last parts of a deal. i.e. closing, inspections, lender escrow requirements. Do you have an agent?

Jay