dustinwhite1…, Home Buyer in Bluffton, SC

Is it true that Bluffton has a high crime rate and the school's are not good? Reading negative comments online.

Asked by dustinwhite1984, Bluffton, SC Thu Aug 2, 2012

Answers

6
I moved here 7 years ago sight unseen. I had just heard it was an excellent area to raise a child, and, as a single mother it was a high priority for me. My son was a baby at the time. I have to tell you that I am so happy I moved here. My son has truly blossomed in the public school program. He has just been accepted into the gifted and talented program as well. The Teachers here spend a great deal of time working with each child. They have homework nightly, and trust me, often times I am stumped by it myself. As a College graduate, and a College Instructor...it still stumps me :-)! The schools here are not kidding around!

As far as crime rate, I have never heard this area was high in crime? I would be interested to know where you found this statistic? Do I leave my door unlocked...no. But who does anymore? You need to use the same amount of precaution and common sense as you would anywhere. With that said, of course crime is not non-existent (tell me where I can find that), however, I have found this area to be quite low in crime. I don't worry about nearly as much as I did coming from a big city.

Finally, the best way I can describe Bluffton is like living inside of a Norman Rockwell Painting. Neighbors smile and wave at you. People let you cut in while in traffic. No one honks their horns at you. Life is at a slower pace and people really get to know each other and help each other. Having lived in South Florida most of my life, this was a HUGE change!

I hope this has helped, especially since I am not a realtor, with no invested interest that way. Just a mom, who loves her son, and wanted the best for him. I found it here!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
Sometimes comments read online aren't to forthcoming.. You may want to look at actual statistics. You have to keep in mind crime rates will always seem higher per the number of people per square foot.

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
Ex-Mortgage Broker of more than 10 years
http://www.everlastingcredit.com

We also have a DIY package.
While Bluffton is a relatively large area, it has a small town feel and we just LOVE it. And because of increased planning of new communities, the proactive chamber of commerce and of course Bluffton's location between HHI and Savannah, Bluffton has become a destination in itself. It has so many family and cultural activities, great restaurants, shopping,churches, beautiful outdoor spaces AND the people are just friendly and nice. As for the schools, I heard that people request Bluffton for its schools, both public and private. We have never had an issue with personal safety or with property crime....instead residents are seen outdoors at all hours. Bluffton is a GREAT place to live and bring up a family!!!!
No that definitely is not true. Aside from being a real estate agent in the area for over 7yrs, I served on the Bluffton Planning Commission for 2 terms. I have watched the growth from a very small town to well on it's way to becoming one of the largest cities in SC. A big plus is that though Bluffton has grown over the last 7 yrs at a astonishing rate, it has maintained it 'small town feel'. It is a very safe area, walking in parks early morning, evening or late night is what a lot of residents enjoy truthfully. Of course, as with any area, there will be a few isolated incidents but still very welcoming. So far as the schools go it's the same. The schools offer really good programs for children on various academic levels. Music, sports and just a community presence has always been top on list here. I came here 15yrs ago....and never left! To me this is the best kept secret....BLUFFTON/HILTON HEAD,SC.
Were you considering moving to this area? If so I would be glad to assist you in your move. Our company has rentals and well as homes for sale. If you have anymore questions please feel free to contact me a carmensellshiltonhead@gmail.com or you may call at 843-683-0856

enjoy your day,
Carmen
You will always find someone who does not like a place.
No it is not true, where do you get this info?