Lonnie Parker, Real Estate Pro in Houston, TX

Is it required for the option money to be receipted the contract by selling agent/seller in order for 1-4 Fam Texas contract to be valid?

Asked by Lonnie Parker, Houston, TX Tue Nov 1, 2011

I am a real estate agent and I have a 1-4 Fam Texas real estate contract that has been fully executed. I have 10 days option period on it. The earnest money has been received by the title company and has been receipted on the contract. I mailed the option check of $100.00 to the selling agent and haven't been able to get confirmation that she has received it. It was sent by snail mail. If I don't get a receipt back from the sellers/selling agent showing they have the option check, is this contract still valid?

Answers

2
To take it one more step further, if the option check is delivered late but the seller accepts it and signs the receipt, is the option period reinstated?
In our state if it's in the mail it's the same as if you handed it to them. I would also send email confirming you mailed it and or leaving the agent a message.