Kim, Home Buyer in Churubusco, IN

Is it real estate fraud when someone sell's or attemts to sell a house that has a foreclosure judgement on it?

Asked by Kim, Churubusco, IN Sun Jan 25, 2009

My husband and I thought we were getting into a lagitament contract to purches a house. We put money down and payed the first month payment to the home owner only to have my aunt ( a real estate agent ) come accross this perticular address on a forclosure list, she then ran a title search and found out that not only had a judgement been made agaist the home owners of forclouser there are also leans on that home from crediters, one of which is department of revenue. Long story short we and our childeren have moved, They refuse to give our money back and They have this RENT TO OWN now.

Answers

2
The Mark Skibowski Team’s answer
Kim~ good advice from Jody...contact an attorney. Take along any documentation you have with respect to the purchase~ contract, copy of the cancelled check(s) or electronic payments. Sooner rather than later. An attorney can advise you with respect to any wrongdoing/misrepresentation or lack therof by the seller along with recommending a course of action for you.
Web Reference: http://www.warsawmark.com
Kim,

You need to find an attorney who specializes in real estate law to help you with this. Perhaps your aunt knows of one. Good luck.