Home Buying in Waltham>Question Details

Marilyn Jaco…, Home Buyer in Waltham, MA

Is it possible to rent with an option to buy?

Asked by Marilyn Jacobs, Waltham, MA Wed Dec 11, 2013

Answers

3
In this current market it is not likely. Inventory is low in all towns. The Sellers get multiple offers on
their property so there is no need for them to get creative. What I would recommend is that you check
with a lender and see if your eligible for MA Housing, USDA, or FHA financing. If you have had a
bankruptcy in the past there are still possible loans out there. Contact me directly and I can put you
in touch with some great mortgage professionals to talk with. I look forward to hearing from you.
nancy.butterly@ziprealty.com
It is possible, but cumbersome and very difficult to find. I've only seen it succeed in situations where the seller and buyer know each other within a family or friends network, where it is just an arrangement to try to help each other out. Beyond that it is not easy to find or set up.
I've counseled many clients that didn't think they were able to buy, who ended up buying within a few months of the first conversation with me. Happy to answer any questions you may have. You might not know all of your options :)
Masha, 781-330-0152
Marilyn, not very often, it depends on what the sellers needs are, usually they want to sell and get their money. Call me if you need more advice, I'm in Waltham, happy to talk to you.I am Trulia's # 1 recommended agent for Waltham!

Claire