Home Buying in Royal Oak>Question Details

Patricia, Other/Just Looking in 48067

Is it possible to purchase a tax foreclosed house before the auction with the help of a realtor, if I plan on living there?

Asked by Patricia, 48067 Thu Jan 3, 2013

There is a house behind the one I'm renting right now in Royal Oak that is going to likely be in the next tax foreclosure auction. I read somewhere on the Oakland Co Treasurers website that realtors could help homebuyers acquire a tax foreclosure before the auction period. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, anyone have experience with this?

Answers

5
The problem you will be faced with is, if you can purchase before the auction you may be just paying off the taxes but you'll be left with any outstanding debt left on the property if it didn't go all the way through the process. For the taxe foreclosure to clear any liens behind the taxes it needs to go all the way through the foreclosure process. You may want to contact a real estate attorney for help with this but if you purchase a house at the auction you will need to quiet the title if you ever expect to get title insurance for a loan or a sale, again speak with an attorney.

Trent Dalrymple
Metro Mortgage Investments
http://www.metro-mi.com
(248) 547-3006
I have never heard this before. Usually the only ones that get the jump are the big investors that buy many houses. All you can do is try though
I am currently working on this in another city and would welcome an opportunity to work with you! Please call me or visit my Royal Oak site...HomeValuesRoyalOak.com.
First off why do you think this is likely to be a tax foreclosure? And in answer to your question, Yes you can buy a tax foreclosure before it goes to auction, however you need someone who knows how to identify them, and also someone who knows how to do the paper work.

Please contact me if you would like further assistance.
Because it's on the Oakland County tax foreclosure list and I've confirmed with the county office. The owner still has an opportunity to redeem until February...
Flag Thu Jan 3, 2013
Yes, you can purchase the home before it goes into an auction style listing. You can contact me at the info below and I would be happy to help!

Amber Leatherman
Coldwell Banker Weir Manuel
Email: aleatherman@cbwm.com