Home Buying in North Center>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in 60618

Is it possible to own a place in north center big enough for a family of 4 for roughly 2k/month?

Asked by Mark, 60618 Mon Jun 15, 2009

Most configurations are possible for us. condo/townhome/multi unit, etc... In the past we have looked in this area and have not been able to make it work.

Most likely we would be doing FHA with 3% down.

We have not looked in 2 years but are thinking about giving it another shot.

Answers

6
Randall Lancaster’s answer
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
3801 N Oakley has a two bedroom for sale by owner, check it out, open house on Sat 4/3
Thanks Cristina, I will check it out. Looks like a nice place.
a 2/2 opens up a lot more options for you!
Thanks for the answer Kipp.

The kids are smaller so a 2 bedroom will do for now, but not a 2/1. Currently we are in a duplexed 2/2 and it is a perfect size.
Are we talking 3 bedrooms? Prices are lower than they were two years ago, but I don't think $2k will get you into a 3 bed in North Center. I would check out some listings immediately west of California between Irving and Montrose.