Deb, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Is it possible to have a home inspected without the potential buyer being there? I'm in California and might be buying in Oklahoma City.

Asked by Deb, Sacramento, CA Sun Nov 24, 2013

Answers

12
There is no requirement for the buyer to be present at an inspection. As a buyer's agent, I am always there to get info first hand and look at questionable things. As a seller's agent, I do not allow my sellers to be present as I do not want them to say something they shouldn't. There are inspectors who take pics to show what they look at.

Karen Moseley, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Select
405-650-4548
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Yes, this inspection is for you. You can set this up with your realtor and the listing realtor and one or both can be there for you. The inspector can then send you the report in whatever media format you need. Are you working with a realtor in Okkahoma now?
You can call me with any further questions 405-822-0278.
Web Reference: http://Johnpcrealtor.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Not uncommon at all! Buyers can have the inspector send results and/or Buyer's Agent present at the inspection. We have included Buyers in "inspection summary reports" via Skype and Google Hangout. You can hear the results "live" and also have pertinent items shown to you as well.

Best of luck in your Oklahoma search!
Web Reference: http://www.ubhometeam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Hello Sis,

You definitely can have the inspection done with the listing agent there; however, have you found a Realtor® here you can work with? If you don't have one, let me know and I will help you out. Having an agent who is YOUR agent there at the inspection would be best because you know that person will be looking out for your best interest.

Meghan Fife
Keller Williams Mulinix
405.517.1877
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Yes, it is. The inspector will make arrangements with the listing agent to have access to the property. You will pay in advance and receive the report via email.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Absolutely! Once you have chosen a Realtor, they could be present during that time. A good home inspection would be written up in a report that can explain exactly what they have seen, most include pictures as well. Good luck and Happy Holidays.
Yes, hire a home inspector and have your agent schedule the inspection.
Absolutely!

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
Yes it is. Your Realtor can assist and keep you informed with what is going on. Find someone you feel you can trust and feel comfortable working with. We have multiple resources available for communicating and making you feel part of the transaction.
Please feel free to call with questions! JT Brown, BOLD Property Professionals 405-604-7363
Yes, this is acceptable. Interview the home inspector via the phone and have them call you with the summary at the end of the inspection.
Goodmorning:
You have a lot of good answers, and a couple of bad answers: No the buyer does not need to be at the inspection, however it is reccomended when buyer is available, I have been at many inspections where my buyer was not available,

I will be gald to be your Realtor and help you find your home in the Edmond area: I live in Edmond and I know the town well:

Thanks Again
John Phillips
Hi Deb,

Yes it is. You don't have to be present during the home inspection. I recommend buyers to be present when possible, but it isn't mandatory. During the inspection I always make sure I am present, and if I were working with you, I would share any concerns you have with the home inspector and report back to you what I learn. Once the inspector is finished, they will create a report and you will receive a copy. Most inspectors will discuss any concerns you have after the inspection over the phone if necessary, so you can get any questions you have answered that way also.

If you aren't working with a Realtor yet, please feel free to call me at 405-816-3600 if you would like me to help with any additional questions.

Brent Buxton
The Professionals Group with Keller Williams Realty - Central Oklahoma
405-816-3600