booberry1224…, Home Buyer in New Palestine, IN

Is it possible to get approved for a mortgage when your income comes from social security disability?

Asked by booberry122465, New Palestine, IN Mon Jul 14, 2014

My husband credit is not very good, but mine is fine,would a mortgage company be willing to let me get the mortgage on my own with my disability income? I am debt free.

Answers

2
It should be possible, the approval process will look at your debt to income ratio. The source of the income shouldn't matter much whether it's social security or you were working making that amount, in the eyes of the lender it will be the same. Contact me and I can recommend some lenders who can look at your specific situation and give you details on your approval potential. I can then help you find the perfect home for you that fits in your budget!

tom.mccollister@kw.com
http://tommccollister.kwrealty.com/
This can be a tricky question to answer without being a lender, pulling credit, and checking debt to income ratios. But, although tough it can probably be done. You will need to be able to prove that the income will be continuing for at least the next three years.