• Someone else's headache. Do you really want to walk in the door to someone else's repairs and deferred maintenance? YOU will have to pay to fix it up! Do you have the tolerance for that?
• Professional Investors. Cash investors can close FAST (3-10 days). And there are lots of cash investors competing against you!
• Difficult to Finance. Banks don’t want to lend you money to buy a home that isn’t habitable! Yes, there are special programs to assist you with renovation money, but those are more difficult to qualify for.
If you don’t have the tolerance for Foreclosures or Short Sales here’s my advice:
There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay.
*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
1. Homes in Elk Grove start around $200k so South Sacramento would be your best option if you're looking for under $110k.
2. Only ~7% of all home sales in Sacramento County are from foreclosures. There is a common myth that foreclosures sell for far less than they are worth. The reality is that most sell at current market value just like a regular sale.
However, keep in mind that just because a property is a foreclosure doesn't mean it's available to buy.